Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
lzaar
New Brawn
Points: 223, Level: 4 Points: 223, Level: 4 Points: 223, Level: 4
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

lzaar is off to a good startlzaar is off to a good startlzaar is off to a good start
Default How do you stay focused

How does everyone on here stay focused? I am really having trouble with this. I feel that if I was more focused, I could concentrate better on my moves. Maybe that is why my moves do not seem so fluid. I believe if I had more focus, I would not feel so rushed through things.
lzaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

In my younger, single, care-free days when I *made the moves* I had lightning focus. Like a lion hunting it's prey. Perhaps an elegant gazelle, or a young springy deer. I would play my moves over in my head, focus my gaze and when the time was right....

BOOM! Slide on over, a wink, a double finger click and a hip-thrust in her direction. The moves always work.

Every time.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
In my younger, single, care-free days when I *made the moves* I had lightning focus. Like a lion hunting it's prey. Perhaps an elegant gazelle, or a young springy deer. I would play my moves over in my head, focus my gaze and when the time was right....

BOOM! Slide on over, a wink, a double finger click and a hip-thrust in her direction. The moves always work.

Every time.
The modesty is overwhelming

Sean Connery-esque moves no doubt
The hip thrust gets me a slap, I must be doing it wrong Pelvis Presley baby!

But in answer to the OP, I just focus on getting to the gym and on the first lift. The rest takes care of itself I find. Also, having Rammstein blaring in my ears helps

Getting it done one session at a time.

Last edited by Kuytrider; 06-22-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

I like to lift; it's that simple. Now, motivation is what is required for housework
Old 06-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

its easy.
Everytime i look in the mirror all i ever see is shit i need to improve or change = motivation.
also helps that i put headphones in and blast at the gym so i cant hear anything but my music.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

How I stay motivated to lift is of no use to you. I have my own reasons for doing what I do.

You need to think about why you wanted to lift in the first place. What was that thing that had enough energy to create a spark that got you off your ass in the first place?

Identify what that thing is, and you will always have a match to light your own fire.

If you can't do that don't worry about it. There are hunters, and there is prey. Not everybody is meant to be a hunter.

glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

My lifting journal keeps me focussed. With it I know what exercises I need to do, the amount of weight that needs to be lifted, what sets or reps I need to beat, and what day it all needs to be done. After that, I just drag my butt in the gym and get it done.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
emekajokammor
Menace
Max Brawn
Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Probably seated row
Fav Supp: Anabolic Pump
emekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beast

Having a goal and setting a deadline to meet it. Its hard for me to work hard if i dont have a goal i'm working towards.

Ronnie Coleman "Unbelieveable" DVD and Mr Zhansi vids also help

www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
emekajokammor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:24 PM   #10
DanB
Brawn
Points: 630, Level: 12 Points: 630, Level: 12 Points: 630, Level: 12

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: ....
DanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good postsDanB has made some very good posts

Having music like.. Machine head - Spine .. blasting in my ears whilst performing heavy sets really leaves no other option other than 200% focus and aggression.

Theres no such thing as a rest day, its a lifestyle that requires work everyday,
Bring it
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote