Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How do you stay focused (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10306)

lzaar 06-18-2012 01:19 PM

How do you stay focused

How does everyone on here stay focused? I am really having trouble with this. I feel that if I was more focused, I could concentrate better on my moves. Maybe that is why my moves do not seem so fluid. I believe if I had more focus, I would not feel so rushed through things.

Fazc 06-18-2012 01:24 PM

In my younger, single, care-free days when I *made the moves* I had lightning focus. Like a lion hunting it's prey. Perhaps an elegant gazelle, or a young springy deer. I would play my moves over in my head, focus my gaze and when the time was right....

BOOM! Slide on over, a wink, a double finger click and a hip-thrust in her direction. The moves always work.

Every time.

TitanCT 06-19-2012 01:10 PM

its easy.
Everytime i look in the mirror all i ever see is shit i need to improve or change = motivation.
also helps that i put headphones in and blast at the gym so i cant hear anything but my music.

glwanabe 06-19-2012 01:19 PM

How I stay motivated to lift is of no use to you. I have my own reasons for doing what I do.

You need to think about why you wanted to lift in the first place. What was that thing that had enough energy to create a spark that got you off your ass in the first place?

Identify what that thing is, and you will always have a match to light your own fire.

If you can't do that don't worry about it. There are hunters, and there is prey. Not everybody is meant to be a hunter.

Off Road 06-19-2012 01:27 PM

My lifting journal keeps me focussed. With it I know what exercises I need to do, the amount of weight that needs to be lifted, what sets or reps I need to beat, and what day it all needs to be done. After that, I just drag my butt in the gym and get it done.

glwanabe 06-19-2012 01:38 PM

Stuff like this is of use to me.

emekajokammor 06-22-2012 01:09 PM

Having a goal and setting a deadline to meet it. Its hard for me to work hard if i dont have a goal i'm working towards.

Ronnie Coleman "Unbelieveable" DVD and Mr Zhansi vids also help ;)

DanB 06-22-2012 01:24 PM

Having music like.. Machine head - Spine .. blasting in my ears whilst performing heavy sets really leaves no other option other than 200% focus and aggression.

Chillen 06-22-2012 01:34 PM

Within my own skin is the reason I maintain focus. It carries me through life and everything in which I want to do, without it functioning properly, I do nothing. In that, I will support my wife within the skin that supports me, and thus becomes a lifetime commitment.

Kuytrider 06-22-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 251983)
In my younger, single, care-free days when I *made the moves* I had lightning focus. Like a lion hunting it's prey. Perhaps an elegant gazelle, or a young springy deer. I would play my moves over in my head, focus my gaze and when the time was right....

BOOM! Slide on over, a wink, a double finger click and a hip-thrust in her direction. The moves always work.

Every time.

The modesty is overwhelming :p

Sean Connery-esque moves no doubt ;)
The hip thrust gets me a slap, I must be doing it wrong :D Pelvis Presley baby!

But in answer to the OP, I just focus on getting to the gym and on the first lift. The rest takes care of itself I find. Also, having Rammstein blaring in my ears helps :)