Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
70sBB
Brawn
Points: 1,504, Level: 22 Points: 1,504, Level: 22 Points: 1,504, Level: 22
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts70sBB has made some good posts
Default Fullbody workouts are useless?

On other forums I see fullbody workouts and more simple styles of training ripped to shreds. The claim is that this training doesn't work. Where do these parrots get this from? Who perpetuates this idea?
70sBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sBB View Post
On other forums I see fullbody workouts and more simple styles of training ripped to shreds. The claim is that this training doesn't work. Where do these parrots get this from? Who perpetuates this idea?
From other weak mamma's boys who are afraid to get under the bar long enough for their balls to drop.

Seriously though, most other forums seem to be filled with idiots who have never made much progress, hating on anyone who dares to be great. They read Roid-Bro magazine and don't understand why their 5 pound triceps kickbacks aren't making them huge. Full body is the way the body works. Isolations have their place, splits are fine, but nothing can spur overall growth and gains like a full body workout, especially in the case of a beginner.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

The obvious perpetrator is the "muscle media". There influence of bs is strong with the ignorant.
From there the second level perpetrator is the guys with a lack of real experience. You know the guys who have all the answers but none of the results. The guys who hide behind a keyboard and make absolute statements. These are the guys who have never done a fullbody style routine, yet are quick to tell you all about why they won't work.
I'd like to add that not only have these characters not done a fullbody routine, but generally speaking, they have never trained there ass off and don't know what it is to really dig in and do serious work with the iron.
Just my take.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sBB View Post
Who perpetuates this idea?
This guy does...

Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I think if you want to swim across the Pacific Ocean you should start big and go for it all at once on day one! Who needs a learning curve, conditioning, or any of that nonsense.

Seriously though...who perpetuates this? I don't know. People who really want to believe that splits are the only option. People who dig deep trenches and want to go to battle.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 05-18-2012 at 12:32 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

The only workouts that are useless are ill-designed ones which are top heavy and have no rhyme, reason or progression scheme. Sadly, these are a dime a dozen.

A well-designed fullbody where you add reps or weight each week can be kickass. The same goes for any intelligently designed workout actually.

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #8
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

I don't care, personally, where it comes from.

Its about common sense, trial and error, and what works, is the bottom line.

Each day you get up, and perform the functions of the day (work, activities, etc, etc), you are working the entire body, including mental capacities. The body works in unison, one having to do with the other, either directly or indirectly.

So, in this sense does it make sense to perform full body routines. Yes.

However, if time constraints and other issues prevent this in one session, Splits are another alternative.

In either, case, trial an error moves to either one. The one that works best.

Just common sense. Sometimes during heated debates, they lose focus, and common sense. And, sometimes some forget, that though we are the same flesh and blood, we are not put together the same.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 05-18-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #9
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Don't even get me started.
one of these days when I have time and I've had a nap, I'll respond properly.

Fullbody work has done more for me than any other style of work.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #10
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Look,

I don't want to piss in anybody's corn flakes but people did lift weights before Weider said splits were the the way to go.

The current fasination with splits by the masses reminds me of the tv show the walking dead. The masses are of course the mindless dead people.

That thing that occupy's space between your ears is called a brain, don't be afraid to use it.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote