Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Mind and Motivation
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Mind and Motivation This forum is for the cultivation of motivation, inner health, spiritual health and mental strength.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default The Beard's Daily Droppings

July 10th, 2013

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”

― A.A. Milne

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	strong_girl_01.jpg
Views:	4166
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	9694  

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-10-2013 at 10:42 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2013, 04:36 AM   #2
I WILL
Max Brawn
Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 2-4 years 2 serious
Fav Exercise: Romanian Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
I WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master member

This really puts things in perspective.

MAB Sponsored Athlete

My Website: Nutrition Beast
I WILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:51 AM   #3
OHDL
Max Brawn
Points: 4,546, Level: 42 Points: 4,546, Level: 42 Points: 4,546, Level: 42
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Skwattzz
Fav Supp: Milk
OHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beast

Man, this is giving me chills. I often use my wheelchair bound sister as motivation, she's so optimistic and always has a smile on her face no matter what, she is very inspiring.

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

- Christopher Hitchens
OHDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

My mother had muscular dystrophy and suffered greatly but she always praised God and was a shining light to everyone she met.

I miss you, momma.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

July 11th, 2013

“Do one thing every day that scares you.”

― Eleanor Roosevelt

Looking at Brady Tanner today it is hard to believe that the 250 lb., 5-foot-7 powerlifter was born just barely over 4 pounds. At age two, little Brady was not saying any words and was not walking. It turned out that the boy could not hear. To this day Brady sometimes has trouble communicating. Though tests showed some developmental delays it took several years to get a diagnosis – Brady has a rare condition known as Rubenstein-Taybi Syndrome.

At age four Brady was having a lot of trouble adjusting at school where teachers did not know how to work with a special needs child. His parents, tireless advocates on their son’s behalf, considered their options and made a tough choice. The Tanners uprooted their family and moved to a different state so that their son would have more opportunities to thrive. Parents and teachers teamed up to find ways for Brady to learn and things really turned around when Brady started participating in Special Olympics.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	300x200-Brady_and_Gary_Spotting.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	9706  

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-11-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
moeheep
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

I have a 6 yr old special needs grandaughter...and NO ONE encourages me to workout more than she does....my daughter and her lived with us while my daughter went to school. EVERY DAY Makala would meet me at the door and ask "Is it workout day today Pop Pop?" When I replied "Yes" she would jump up and down and say "YAAAAAAA".

When I replied NO, she would say "Owwwwwww...why not?"

Some days she would go out to "Not Your Average Moes Gym" and just watch me work out...and if I grunted (Squat or Dead) she would laugh, and make me do another....and another....and another.....best W/O partner I ever had.

Once in a while she would do some lifting....but not very often, BUT, when she did, she would run in the house and brag to everyone that she was "Helping" Pop Pop work out.

NOTHING, NO ONE...inspires me more than she does...she is facing a crappy life ahead of her, but, because she dosent know any other way, she is happy as can be!! I have a picture of her in my bag that I take to meets, between lifts, I just imaginge her telling me "Do another one Pop Pop!"

I have never told anyone this before.....

Sorry to hijack Steve

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeheep View Post
Sorry to hijack Steve
Never.

Every thread on this forum is an invitation to share.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

July 12th, 2013

“I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.” – Unknown

Paralympic powerlifter Loveline Obiji celebrating a gold medal.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Loveline+Obiji+2012+London+Paralympics+Day+BHdIwZWAMELx.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	9709  

Old 07-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

July 13th, 2013

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." - Scott Hamilton

Andrew Taylor, Special Olympics gymnast.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	andrew-taylor.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	9725  

Old 07-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
mikehouse101
Brawn
Points: 1,209, Level: 19 Points: 1,209, Level: 19 Points: 1,209, Level: 19
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 42
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Dead Lift
Fav Supp: Gaspari's Vasatropin
mikehouse101 is a consistent contributormikehouse101 is a consistent contributormikehouse101 is a consistent contributormikehouse101 is a consistent contributormikehouse101 is a consistent contributormikehouse101 is a consistent contributormikehouse101 is a consistent contributormikehouse101 is a consistent contributormikehouse101 is a consistent contributormikehouse101 is a consistent contributormikehouse101 is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeheep View Post
I have a 6 yr old special needs grandaughter...and NO ONE encourages me to workout more than she does....my daughter and her lived with us while my daughter went to school. EVERY DAY Makala would meet me at the door and ask "Is it workout day today Pop Pop?" When I replied "Yes" she would jump up and down and say "YAAAAAAA".

When I replied NO, she would say "Owwwwwww...why not?"

Some days she would go out to "Not Your Average Moes Gym" and just watch me work out...and if I grunted (Squat or Dead) she would laugh, and make me do another....and another....and another.....best W/O partner I ever had.

Once in a while she would do some lifting....but not very often, BUT, when she did, she would run in the house and brag to everyone that she was "Helping" Pop Pop work out.

NOTHING, NO ONE...inspires me more than she does...she is facing a crappy life ahead of her, but, because she dosent know any other way, she is happy as can be!! I have a picture of her in my bag that I take to meets, between lifts, I just imaginge her telling me "Do another one Pop Pop!"

I have never told anyone this before.....

Sorry to hijack Steve
Thanks for sharing your story with us! Keep on lifting POP POP !!! She is a blessing!
mikehouse101 is offline   Reply With Quote