Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Mind and Motivation
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Mind and Motivation This forum is for the cultivation of motivation, inner health, spiritual health and mental strength.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

July 14th, 2013

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”
― Mother Teresa

Sara Tucholsky is an American college softball player who played for Western Oregon University, who gained national attention when she was assisted in scoring a home run by members of the opposing team, when an injury prevented her from completing the play by running the bases on her own.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ncaa_wallace_sara_400.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	9745  

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #12
moeheep
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

My inspiration!!

My granddaughter Makala
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	101_2137.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	712.9 KB
ID:	9747  

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.

Last edited by moeheep; 07-14-2013 at 01:16 PM.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #13
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

I live with a woman, in which has more heart in the soul of her being, than most could accumulate in the tip of their finger nail. And, if it were possible to give these persons enough heart content to fill this accumulation on the tip of the finger nail from the capacity of heart from my wife, every dream they wanted, every problem they faced, would be met with vigor and vitality, and without complaint or malice personal thought patterns.

My wife has numerous health issues and a variety of reasons to bring herself to personal depression and despair, and just quit--trying. And, most considering her condition, would understand, but this is not her. Like living this life, we have choices on how we react, and a choice in our attitude in any given situation or condition, and often times, these choices will determine the lasting result.

My wife has Fibrous Dysplacia, which is a condition akin to the "Elephant Man's" condition back in the early 1900's. In her case (and there are less than 2 percent of the population), the bone continues to grow on her front right (left facing you) facial cheek bone, and her sinus cavity, and part of the sinus cavity back bone is growing to an extent that it applies pressure to the sack in which covers the brain, and sometimes this will cause seizures, severe migraine headaches, bleeding from the nose like a running faucet, and other complications. She has had three sugeries on her face, where they litteraly peel back the side of the effected face, shave the bone affected, but can not reach the main problem area of her sinus. But new techniques have been developed, and she is going into another surgery soon, to see if they can reach the main issue and problem.

My wife also has: Multiple lyploma's (noncancerous fatty tumors), all over her arms, back, legs, and front of her body. This has causes mobile issues, because they attach along the nerves, and these will sometimes cut off nerve communication from the brain to the effected body part. She has had surgery to remove some of the most problematic ones, but alot still remain on her body, and some are more than 3 inches in diameter.

My Wife has: Lupos, Factor 5 Liden, and carrys more than 20 pounds of water in her legs, because of these conditions, and medication side effects. She has low energy most of the time, and has trouble getting around; however, has more energy and gets around better as compared to many in which have much more than her.

In her burns a candle of bright light, she lit her self. She has decided to adapt and overcome, accept the unchangeable, and improve from a bad premise condition. The result is a bright, vibrant and tough personality. A personal competive spirit, and a person who has chose not to feel sorry for herself, but be all she can be.....

She is awsesome and inspiring. Plus, she has me. Nothing I do, nothing I experience in or out of the gym, compares to what she is going through. Mine are all petty BS in comparison. But, yet, she thrives and and never complains. I have made a life time commitment to her, and take my fitness seriously. I will stay strong, I will stay lean, I will stay mean and nasty--mentally and physically, so she can stand on the podium with me, and provide and take care of her every need, and is the reason I am consistent and rock out ALL personal goals I make.

She has taught me a lot about on how to deal with the cards that have been played in life, and how to shuffle them in your favor........

You decide if its over...

And thats the truth.

Don

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 07-14-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #14
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Chillen, that is truly inspiring, and truly humbling.

My utmost respect goes to that strong, brave person.

Once again, in this thread, I am reminded of where true strength resides.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray View Post
Chillen, that is truly inspiring, and truly humbling.

My utmost respect goes to that strong, brave person.

Once again, in this thread, I am reminded of where true strength resides.
Thanks Dray.

About a year ago, I hurt my back trying to get an extra rep on the BOR (175lbs), and my wife says: Now take this pain you are feeling and imagine feeling and dealing with this each day, knowing there isn't anything you can do, and medications add to the problem, and take away very little.

A toughned soul will make you whole. But it is indeed in the head, and will make you light the fire and not cry like a baby instead.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

July 15th, 2013

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

― Shel Silverstein

Old 07-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

July 16th, 2013

“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.”

― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Ciara+Trait+Special+Olympics+World+Summer+W9AmOD84H5Xl.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	9768  

Old 07-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

July 17th, 2013

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”

― Albert Einstein

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fa_21-gibson930.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	9782  

Old 07-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #19
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

July 25th, 2013

“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	be-grateful-swing.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	10310