Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Mind and Motivation
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Mind and Motivation This forum is for the cultivation of motivation, inner health, spiritual health and mental strength.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #11
SaxonViolence
Brawn
Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19 Points: 1,222, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributorSaxonViolence is a dedicated contributor
Cool

Has anyone ever read Robert Pirsig's "Zen and The Art of Motor Cycle Maintenance"?

Pirsig—who was a College Professor at the time, tells a Colleague:

"All my best students are failing."

Friend tells him:

"All your best students are always going to be failing."

Below here is My Interpretation, not Pirsig's...

Modern Education is meant to be absorbed in Standardized Quanta at a Standardized Rate.

The truly inquisitive thinker who is striving to truly understand will get entangled and fall ever further behind.

This needn't be a Conscious Choice on the part of the thinker—it is a by-product of how his mind functions.

And don't even get me started on "Right-Brained" Vs "Left-Brained"...

The last account that I had, physiologists have concluded that the Brain Isn't nearly as Specialized and Segregated as once thought...

But these terms are still valid ways to describe different Thinking Process...

And how ever much Neo-Hippies and others of Dubious Morality agitate for more "Right-Brainedness"...

The "Right-Brained" have infiltrated and taken over every level of Society and that is what is responsible for most of our problems—Individually and as a Society.

An Intelligent and Honest Left-Brainer asks for an "Explanation". The Inarticulate and Devious Right-Brainer does a "Bait and Switch":

"Watch me do it 'One More Time'," he says and then proceeds to "Demonstrate".

The Sincere but Naive Left-Brainer doesn't realize that he's being conned—and often he gives up, or at the very least, takes much longer to master whatever we're talking about.

You can demonstrate a Deadlift, for instance, 1000 times—And I'm still fuzzy.

I read a fifty year old article by Paul Anderson.

He remarks that back in his day, some Deadlifters had the toes of their shoes built up an inch or so...

Because The Bar Path isn't Straight Up, but should be up and toward the body.

Dudes, It is like:

Now I know one very good reason why my Deadlift always sucked—and why folks insist on baring their thighs even in practice, and rubbing them with Corn Starch or Talcum.

One Explanation is Worth 1000 Demonstrations...

But since the Evil Right-Brainers have taken Control, and everything is set and ran up for the Benefit of Their ilk...

Not consciously, of course.

Much of their activities are Sub-Conscious or Instinctive.

But if you're a Failure, it is probably because:

A} You aren't one of the Right-Brained Zombie Ruling Class;

And/Or

B} You refuse to Sell Out.

Saxon Violence
SaxonViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #12
Jesda
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,839, Level: 25 Points: 1,839, Level: 25 Points: 1,839, Level: 25
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Jesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
There is a guy at work who embodies almost everything on the left hand side of the graphic. He is the most terrifically positive and nice person. But all the same, I sometimes wish he would fall down a well.
LOL sometimes when people are super nice they get on my nerves. I like nice people and all, and the world needs more of them but not the ones that are just a bit too nice, if you know what I am saying.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #13
ehubbard
Raw/Multiply Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
ehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beast

In my experience in finance the traits would almost all be reversed.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #14
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehubbard View Post
In my experience in finance the traits would almost all be reversed.
That's what I was thinking. It depends what you mean by success, I guess, but if it means 'career progression' or 'financial reward', I could name a bunch of people take all the credit, fly by the seat of their pants, criticise others etc.

Personally, I can't do that stuff, but it seems to be working out exceptionally well for them

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #15
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

It reminds me of a zodiac reading, all Aries behave in a set manner and all of them have romance encounters in the same given week...aka, rubbish
Old 04-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #16
knite
New Brawn
Points: 296, Level: 5 Points: 296, Level: 5 Points: 296, Level: 5
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

knite has made some quality postsknite has made some quality postsknite has made some quality postsknite has made some quality postsknite has made some quality postsknite has made some quality posts

I am on the successful list
knite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #17
justme
Banned
Brawn
Points: 372, Level: 7 Points: 372, Level: 7 Points: 372, Level: 7
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

justme justme justme justme justme justme justme justme justme justme justme

it's came to my attension that the difference between the things i m succesful and the things that im unsuccesful is that at things i m succesful i do the right thing,

plus the difficulty,the needed time and percistance are irrelevant to the outcome

strange
justme is offline   Reply With Quote