Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mind and Motivation (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Willpower (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13253)

mudrunner 04-08-2013 06:58 PM

Willpower

Would you say that you have willpower? I never used to have any. Someone would offer me something that I should not have eaten and I would stuff my face with it. But I have noticed that since I started working out and lifting I have had more will power than ever. Do you have it?

benchgoals 04-28-2013 04:42 PM

I do have willpower. I have noticed that since I started working out I have it more. So yes it does pay to work out:)

musclenoob 04-29-2013 07:30 PM

Willpower is getting better. I used to be one of those that had zero willpower and I do mean zero. But I find that my willpower improves each and every day:)

hercules455 04-29-2013 08:21 PM

Mental discipline, will power, whatever you want to call it comes from a strong enough desire to do or not do something to better yourself.

When i'm training hard i get real focused on my diet. I went almost 2 years once with out slipping up. When I'm off or life gets to busy to be as focused on training as i'd like i tend to mess up on my diet a lot more.

musclenoob 04-30-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hercules455 (Post 356917)
Mental discipline, will power, whatever you want to call it comes from a strong enough desire to do or not do something to better yourself.

When i'm training hard i get real focused on my diet. I went almost 2 years once with out slipping up. When I'm off or life gets to busy to be as focused on training as i'd like i tend to mess up on my diet a lot more.

2 years is awesome. Keep up the good work. Do you get hard on yourself when you do mess up?

mikehouse101 05-16-2013 05:32 PM

I work way too hard to give in to a temporary fix like a giant piece of cake and ice cream!

5kgLifter 05-17-2013 11:33 AM

Willpower, I guess, is defined as an inner battle in which you eventually come out as the victor by not giving in...so, no, I don't have any because if I set a goal or an eating plan etc, I stick to it, willpower is never part of it.

SaxonViolence 05-17-2013 12:46 PM

I think that Will is developed and honed by Practice—just like many other things.

When you feel better it's easier to exercise it.

Also, when you have a goal firmly in mind.

Once you establish good Habits, less Willpower is called into play.

That being said, People Fall into Error and Bad Ways.

You never hear of someone Falling into Truth or Better Ways.

Improvement is—almost by definition—an "Upstream" type activity.

Saxon Violence

curl2much 05-20-2013 06:41 PM

Of course I have willpower. I have had it for a while now and think that it makes me a a stronger person for it.

tracker 05-23-2013 03:12 PM

Learning on how to have it. So glad that I took the first step to join here and learn as much as I can to help me succeed.