Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mind and Motivation (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Motivation in the morning (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12584)

jackjacked 02-21-2013 11:00 AM

Motivation in the morning

What motivates you in the morning to get out of bed and go to the gym? I used to have issues with not wanting to get out of bed, wanting to sleep in a bit longer. But I have found that if I have all my stuff ready and see it when I hop out of bed, I get my butt to the gym because I have taken the time to get it ready. I also set my alarm on the other side of the room so I have to get up to shut it off, and when I do, my gym bag is there waiting for me.

Greu 02-21-2013 11:26 AM

I make sure to go to bed early enough that when I get up I have somewhere between 6 and 8 hours of sleep and even if I do not feel motivated that day I still go. Better to have a "meh" training session than no training session.

My motivation to go train in the morning comes from not having time to go any other time haha.

MC 02-21-2013 11:43 AM

The early morning is my only window to train, so if I miss it, it's a big deal. My motivation comes from seeing how far I've come via my training.

dumberer 02-21-2013 01:00 PM

I am a morning person so I do not have issues with getting out of bed to work out. I prefer to get up early.

angie828 02-23-2013 01:37 PM

I hate getting up early. But if I do not, then I have to work out later in the evening and that means less time with the family. So for me, if I get up early it is a win win situation for me.

prchaser 02-24-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC (Post 327467)
The early morning is my only window to train, so if I miss it, it's a big deal. My motivation comes from seeing how far I've come via my training.

This is how I feel as well. If I can not train first thing in the morning, I will have to wait until the next day. And when I see results, I am motivated to do way more.

jdmalm123 02-24-2013 04:02 PM

I'm not a morning lifter, but when I'm tempted to skip, I just show up and do that first warm-up set...after that, it's easy (and often a really good WO).

IrishHitman 02-24-2013 05:16 PM

Time is extremely precious for me. Knowing I won't really have another chance during the day without sacrificing something I need to do makes me get up and go. Having a deadline helps my workouts. Also, trying to lift after work SUCKS. Cooking is a workout of its own.

HeidiK 02-26-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishHitman (Post 328851)
Time is extremely precious for me. Knowing I won't really have another chance during the day without sacrificing something I need to do makes me get up and go. Having a deadline helps my workouts. Also, trying to lift after work SUCKS. Cooking is a workout of its own.

I agree. I love to cook but hate the mess that it makes. Sometimes I have to work out after work and it stinks.