Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mind and Motivation (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Prayer (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12278)

doublechin 01-22-2013 07:39 PM

Prayer

Do you use prayer as a way to get through your day? I Have never really considered myself that much of a religious person but I do think that prayer has some good benefits. I do pray when I feel that I need to and it usually does have a calming effect on me.

SCStrong 01-23-2013 11:49 AM

To me, prayer is essential to developing my personal relationship with God. I find it invaluable. I often am unsure of how to pray so, I just try to talk to God as I would and old, well- respected, friend.

I depend on Christ, to strengthen me so that I may do all things. I pray so that I may remind myself of why I wish to do those things.

There are those who do not believe, and to that I say, OK..... Carry on.

But if you believe in a Higher Power ( Whomever yours may be) I would think it necessary to communicate with that Being if for no other reason than to vocalize and reinforce one's own, beliefs and expectations. Seek and Ye shall find.
Just my two pennies.

SCStrong 01-23-2013 09:49 PM

I am really surprised that this thread did not get more replies.

Mr.Silverback 01-23-2013 10:18 PM

Prayer is essential in my life, in order for my relationship to grow prayer is key. My apologies for my late response, being a true believer of Christ I need prayer because I do nothing on my own.

lowcarbguy 01-24-2013 07:32 PM

I use prayer all the time. I find it helpful to get through my day.

sandraW 01-26-2013 05:12 PM

Everyday I use prayer. It helps to center me and makes me stronger I feel. I have to have prayer in my life as I just think that it is for me. I know some say that it is not for them or they are not really religious but you don't have to go to church to pray. You can say a prayer anytime of the day, anywhere and you will always be heard.

jdmalm123 01-26-2013 07:58 PM

I formally pray whenever I really need direction, but I have a sense that I am always chatting with God to get me through each day.

Life can be heavy...use a spotter! :)

roundbus 01-27-2013 10:54 AM

I use prayer once in a while. I should do it more I know but I do agree that it can help many get through tough times.

waanabeef 01-27-2013 03:39 PM

I use prayer on a daily basis. I think that it does help me out greatly and does calm me down quite a bit. We just have to realize that not everything in our lives are going to be great all the time and that if we pray, we can get some guidance that we need.

HeidiK 01-30-2013 01:23 PM

Prayer is very important to me. I do it every day. I feel that it keeps me centered and on track. If I need some guidance, then I know this is where I will find it at. It can be done anywhere, out loud or silently, so it fits in with my lifestyle, and no one knows when I am doing it because many times I just do it silently.