Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Low Carb & Paleo Diet
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Low Carb & Paleo Diet A forum to discuss low carb and Paleo diet easting approaches.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!
Default Brute Eats

I've never had a goal to gain weight. Most of my life has revolved around either not caring how fat I was or trying to be less fat, always thinking of it in terms of weight. Its time to change my thinking. More muscle means more GLUT-4 receptors, more glucose disposal, and better health. I'm making it my goal to gain 15 pounds over the next 4-5 months without getting sloppy(er). I'll be following my usual diet approach, but will be ramping into brutal bulk mode.

Diet will be a Lacto-Paleo-esque approach. I will eat freely of animals, fowl, and fish; fat and all. Vegetables that are primarily fibrous will be eaten liberally, root vegetables will be eaten sparingly, and grains will be only very rarely.

I'll be listing what I eat as well as recipes for those who are interested. This is to keep me honest, as I panic whenever I see the scale rise, and am completely capable of gaining those 15 pounds in a single week. So here goes. Hardgainers, feel free to follow along.

Current weight: 250 lbs @ 6'4"

Coffee with 2 scoops of whey

3 cans of tuna, 4 tbsp paleo mayo, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 2 carrots

Taco Salad - 1 man sized serving
16 oz ground beef
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 avocado
1/4 cup sour cream
1 head lettuce

Brown the beef in a skillet, pour off an excess fat. Don't pour it all off, but if you're swimming in liquid, get rid of some of it.

Add in cayenne pepper, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and anything else you like to season your taco meat. Stir a while longer.

Dump the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and eat it.

Tomorrow I'll do better with eating more. I hadn't made up my mind about this until late this afternoon, but its a start.
bruteforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Looks good to me, good luck with this brute, and im looking forward to get some refreshing ideas from this log.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
I'll be listing what I eat as well as recipes for those who are interested.
You bet. Always interested.

Best of luck Brute. You are training hard. With the extra intake this should be a good ride.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:29 PM   #4
Mr.Silverback
Max Brawn
Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member

this is gonna be good...looking to get some great ideas for the new year Brute
CHECK OUT MY 1ST EBOOK
http://www.stronglife610.org
Mr.Silverback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 7
Fav Exercise: Squat
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine

Subbed. I got a feeling we'll all be gaining weight in 2012 now.

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Thanks for the interest fellas! Also, if this should be over in the logs, please move it over there. I was thinking I would put it here because of the recipes, but wasn't sure where it belonged.

Day 2 has been going very well. Not super exciting, but I tend to front load the less interesting meals in the week because I have a bad habit of ordering out on Friday and Saturday if the food I have planned is boring.

Coffee with 2 scoops whey throughout the morning
6 eggs scrambled with 1/2 pound bacon strips
7 eggs scrambled with 1/4 pound chopped bacon, jalapenos, and about 1/3 cup shredded cheese
Smoothie with 2 scoops protein powder, 1/4 cup greek yogurt, 1/4 cup heavy cream, 1.5 cups mixed berries

Dinner: Chicken Caesar Salad: 1 serving
1 pound chicken, grilled and cut into small pieces (I'm using half a chicken, white and dark meat)
1 head romaine lettuce
Red onions marinated in red wine vinegar
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Caesar Dressing

Dressing
1 raw egg
2 tbsp Paleo Mayo
4 anchovies
2 tbsp dijon mustard
Juice of a lemon
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup olive oil

Mix all ingredients but the olive oil in a blender or food processor
Slowly pour oil into running food processor and let run until creamy

Very simple meal, especially if you already have cooked chicken lying around.

Edit: Was up late working on a project and got hungry, so fixed a mini-pizza on a coconut flour tortilla. Just marinara, cheese, and pepperoni cooked in a toaster over, but it did the trick

Last edited by bruteforce; 12-21-2011 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Moar food
Old 12-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
7 eggs scrambled with 1/4 pound chopped bacon, jalapenos, and about 1/3 cup shredded cheese
Oooh yes. This is me all day...

Old 12-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #8
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

3 scoops Whey in Coffee
3 eggs
7 eggs w/ cheese, jalapenos, and 1/2 pound bacon

Dinner: Chili will be eating 1/3 of this tonight at least
5.5 pounds lean ground beef
1 large cooking onion, diced
10-15 roasted green chilis (you may use 10-12 oz canned chili if you must)
1-1.5 pounds diced tomatoes
1 tbsp minced garlic

3 tbsp cayenne pepper - i like it hot. try it with less if store-bought salsa's make an impact on your mouth.
1.5 tbsp dark chili powder
1.5 tbsp cumin
1 tsp black pepper
salt

Cook meat in a large dutch oven. When mostly cooked through, drain fat if excessive. Add everything else, stir, and let simmer on low heat for several hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, and jalepeno slices.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Making me hungry before bed...

Old 12-22-2011, 05:38 PM   #10
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Making me hungry before bed...
My appetite is coming around finally. First couple of days it was tough to eat this much, but now I'm able to down it and think about whats next a couple hours later.

Standard day for the first several meals. Dinner is gonna be good tonight. Fajitas!

Coffee w/ 2 scoops whey
3 eggs in butter
1.5 quarts chili
1 mini pizza on coconut flour tortilla

Dinner: Fajitas This serves 2, my girlfriend and myself, but I'll eat 2/3 of it. When I'm not in eat everything mode, there's leftovers for lunch the next day.

2-3 pounds thinly sliced beef
2 onions - sliced
2 bell peppers - sliced
6 tomatillas - quartered

cheese, sour cream, jalapeno slices,salsa, and tortillas to serve

Season the beef with your favorite mexican seasonings. I like chili powder, garlic, cumin, oregano, and cayenne.

Either grill the meat, or cook in a heavy skillet until cooked through. Grilling gives better flavor, but as its winter and raining tonight, I'll be cooking inside.

Saute veggies in a skillet with some olive oil until softened.

Serve with cheese, sour cream, jalapeno slices,salsa, and tortillas