Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Low Carb & Paleo Diet

Notices

Low Carb & Paleo Diet A forum to discuss low carb and Paleo diet easting approaches.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Default Brute Eats

I've never had a goal to gain weight. Most of my life has revolved around either not caring how fat I was or trying to be less fat, always thinking of it in terms of weight. Its time to change my thinking. More muscle means more GLUT-4 receptors, more glucose disposal, and better health. I'm making it my goal to gain 15 pounds over the next 4-5 months without getting sloppy(er). I'll be following my usual diet approach, but will be ramping into brutal bulk mode.

Diet will be a Lacto-Paleo-esque approach. I will eat freely of animals, fowl, and fish; fat and all. Vegetables that are primarily fibrous will be eaten liberally, root vegetables will be eaten sparingly, and grains will be only very rarely.

I'll be listing what I eat as well as recipes for those who are interested. This is to keep me honest, as I panic whenever I see the scale rise, and am completely capable of gaining those 15 pounds in a single week. So here goes. Hardgainers, feel free to follow along.

Current weight: 250 lbs @ 6'4"

Coffee with 2 scoops of whey

3 cans of tuna, 4 tbsp paleo mayo, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 2 carrots

Taco Salad - 1 man sized serving
16 oz ground beef
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 avocado
1/4 cup sour cream
1 head lettuce

Brown the beef in a skillet, pour off an excess fat. Don't pour it all off, but if you're swimming in liquid, get rid of some of it.

Add in cayenne pepper, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and anything else you like to season your taco meat. Stir a while longer.

Dump the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and eat it.

Tomorrow I'll do better with eating more. I hadn't made up my mind about this until late this afternoon, but its a start.
bruteforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links