Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Low Carb & Paleo Diet
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Low Carb & Paleo Diet A forum to discuss low carb and Paleo diet easting approaches.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Butter vs. Margarine

Why Butter Is Better - Weston A Price Foundation

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Nice, I have her book 'Nourishing Traditions' sat here on my book shelf, excellent read with lot's of information as well as practical recipes.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

She is one of my favorite speakers. I admire her intelligence and knowledge.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:24 AM   #4
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

BUTTER!

I quit using artificial spreads. Olive oil and butter are my main fats to cook with. I keep telling my Wife to quit using the artificial crap her Dr. told her to use. She is convinced she can't eat butter cause her Dr. told her so.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #5
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

See if you can Mrs. GL a copy of the book, my missus loves it. It has good recipes she can use, not any fancy stuff either just good meat and potatoes type of dishes. And she really writes in a very accessible way.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #6
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

I used to believe margarine was better but those days are long gone. I use unsalted butter (that way I can cook and bake with it) and tons of olive oil. A Gallon barely lasts me a month.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

We are artificial free. It took a while to convince my wife, but now we are cooking with only butter and olive oil and she is really liking it.

Now if I could only get my mother off the preservatives and fillers and chemicals. Everything she eats is artificial sweetener, artificial butter, low fat filled with corn syrup, low carb filled with corn oil, overly processed foods.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:57 AM   #8
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erectz View Post
Butter has too much fat and still fatty people like that like me.
I'm not entirely sure what you just said but fat has the same amount of fat whether it's in the form of butter, margarine, or oils, the fact that margarines can state that they have less fat comes in the form of what they are mixed with i.e., all the surrounding crap, since fat, gram for gram equates to the same calorie value...meaning that anything which states "lower fat" in relation to another fat, has to contain lots of nothings added to the fat spread...if you follow that.

• Have a chunk of butter = 100% fat
  • Place the same chunk of butter in the equivalent amount of water = 50% fat

They can state the above but they are still both 100% fat in reality.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #9
gymjunkie
New Brawn
Points: 252, Level: 5 Points: 252, Level: 5 Points: 252, Level: 5
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

gymjunkie has made some quality postsgymjunkie has made some quality postsgymjunkie has made some quality postsgymjunkie has made some quality postsgymjunkie has made some quality postsgymjunkie has made some quality posts

I use butter for baking most of the time and margarine for everything else.
gymjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #10
moeheep
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

BUTTER all the way

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote