Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Low Carb & Paleo Diet (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   One Month Paleo (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5730)

BendtheBar 03-29-2011 06:37 PM

One Month Paleo

30 days of Paleo and lost 13 pounds. It was rather effortless. I didn't count calories and ate whatever I wanted.

Weight is slowing a bit so I will have to tighten any binge eating tendencies, but in the long run I can see how it would be incredibly difficult to gain rapid fat eating like this.

I feel great.

I have had fits losing weight this past year for the first time in my life. On the Paleo I have no carb cravings at all. You have no idea how freeing this is.

ElementalVirago 03-29-2011 06:39 PM

I have always thought Paleo was rather restrictive, or at least more confusing than not. "Is this paleo?" "Did cavepeople eat this?" I suppose if you have a list of acceptable foods it might be pretty foolproof but damn...the no coffee thing stops me right there.

gaspers04 03-29-2011 06:39 PM

Awesome work buddy!!!!

ElementalVirago 03-29-2011 06:41 PM

Yeah, this ^^ also. :)

gaspers04 03-29-2011 06:42 PM

Welcome back stranger!

BendtheBar 03-29-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElementalVirago (Post 125883)
I have always thought Paleo was rather restrictive, or at least more confusing than not. "Is this paleo?" "Did cavepeople eat this?" I suppose if you have a list of acceptable foods it might be pretty foolproof but damn...the no coffee thing stops me right there.

I drink coffee. I haven't noticed any insulin spikes. But I might exit it sometime.

Restrictive...well for me it was freeing. I always avoided fat. Now I am eating bacon and butter and cheese and losing weight. I am cooking broccoli in butter.

My food actually tastes good now. My meals are crazy satisfying.

5kgLifter 03-29-2011 06:43 PM

Fantastic results Steve!

Have to say, I'd miss my potato, so I'd never be able to stick with it.

ElementalVirago 03-29-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaspers04 (Post 125886)
Welcome back stranger!

Hahah I rear my ugly head from time to time.

ElementalVirago 03-29-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 125887)
I drink coffee. I haven't noticed any insulin spikes. But I might exit it sometime.

Restrictive...well for me it was freeing. I always avoided fat. Now I am eating bacon and butter and cheese and losing weight. I am cooking broccoli in butter.

My food actually tastes good now. My meals are crazy satisfying.

I tried a French diet thing before the holidays...high fat, etc. I ended up ballooning up. It was horrible. But I enjoyed the food while it lasted.

nighttrain 03-29-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElementalVirago (Post 125890)
Hahah I rear my ugly head from time to time.

where the 'ell have you been hiding Sister?