Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Low Carb & Paleo Diet
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Low Carb & Paleo Diet A forum to discuss low carb and Paleo diet easting approaches.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #41
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

I wouldn't say I "battle" fat, but it is very easy for me to get soft in the offseason, a lot of competitors I see going around eating complete garbage and it goes straight into muscle growth, I know a lot of that has to do with metabolism as well as anything, but I do believe that more people are carb sensitive than others.

Right now my diet is aorund 50/10/40 P/C/F, and I'm shedding fat like crazy, most likely due to entering ketosis.

Just had 4 McDoubles with no buns, this diet is great lol!

Get your Fixx at the Muscle and Strength store!
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/sto...e-science.html

Or our online store!
www.advancedmusclescience.com

Don't talk about it, Be about it
!

TEAM THOR!
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #42
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
I wouldn't say I "battle" fat, but it is very easy for me to get soft in the offseason, a lot of competitors I see going around eating complete garbage and it goes straight into muscle growth, I know a lot of that has to do with metabolism as well as anything, but I do believe that more people are carb sensitive than others.
My personal opinion is that some of this this is due to insulin efficiency, or lack thereof. Their metabolisms are faster because that energy isn't getting stored into fat cells, which keeps them thinner.

I am battling this right now. I believe my metabolism problems are really do to decreased efficiency due to years of carb overkill.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 03-02-2011 at 09:25 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #43
ILoveLifting
Strength Fiend
Max Brawn
Points: 2,129, Level: 27 Points: 2,129, Level: 27 Points: 2,129, Level: 27
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: New York Strips and V8
ILoveLifting is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Watch the last video first ILL.
I just finished the first two and all i can say is, wow.

Ill go to the last next.
ILoveLifting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #44
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
My personal opinion is that some of this this is due to insulin efficiency, or lack thereof. Their metabolisms are faster because that energy isn't getting stored into fat cells, which keeps them thinner.

I am battling this right now. I believe my metabolism problems are really do to decreased efficiency due to years of carb overkill.
SO by keeping your carbs low(er) than that of the average person on a 2k calorie diet which is like 300g of carbs a day, so can thus maintain a healthy/active metabolism in later years of life

^That is like 30% a question, 70% a statement with no scientific research...lol

Get your Fixx at the Muscle and Strength store!
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/sto...e-science.html

Or our online store!
www.advancedmusclescience.com

Don't talk about it, Be about it
!

TEAM THOR!
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #45
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Which brings us back to what the people who run a certain site are talking about.

https://westonaprice.org/traditional...nd-grease.html
Discovered the next great T-booster in this article. BEAR!
Quote:
"if any Indian woman did not prove with child at a decent time after Marriage, the Husband, to save his Reputation with the women, forthwith entered into a Bear-dyet for Six Weeks, which in that time makes him so vigorous that he grows exceedingly impertinent to his poor wife and 'tis great odds but he makes her a Mother in Nine Months."

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #46
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
SO by keeping your carbs low(er) than that of the average person on a 2k calorie diet which is like 300g of carbs a day, so can thus maintain a healthy/active metabolism in later years of life

^That is like 30% a question, 70% a statement with no scientific research...lol
This is about right. There is actually science backing this up. Much of the science in the book Good Calories Bad Calories shows that those who never go carb crazy develop far fewer health issues and keep a healthier metabolism much longer.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote