Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Low Carb & Paleo Diet
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Low Carb & Paleo Diet A forum to discuss low carb and Paleo diet easting approaches.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Complete Guide to Artificial Sweeteners

Quote:
I felt it important to provide you with a complete list of all the artificial sweeteners. This list reveals safety, brand names, calories, GMO concerns, side effects, and a description of each artificial sweeteners. Any artificial sweetener is healthier than sugar, which is the worst carcinogen of them all. However, I advise avoiding sugar in favor of using the artificial sweeteners I deem safe in this blog post or use the sweeteners I recommend in my blog post Safe Artificial Sweeteners.

I decided to give you a list of the sweeteners with pertinent information that I would want to know about each sweetener. Information is provided as follows:
http://www.liveto110.com/complete-li...al-sweeteners/

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2014, 11:44 AM   #2
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Really, avoid sugar and replace it with artificial sweetener?
Old 03-19-2014, 12:02 PM   #3
The_Big_Sleep
Epigenetically Gifted
Max Brawn
Points: 2,330, Level: 29 Points: 2,330, Level: 29 Points: 2,330, Level: 29
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
The_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machine

Stevia extract and pure sucralose (which IS NOT the same as Splenda) are what I use personally, but to claim that these are "better" for people than natural sugar is pretty over the top
The_Big_Sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:15 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I guess the two issues would be:

1) Is a chemical better than sugar for overall general health?
2) Is a sweetener a better option for staving off insulin sensitivity and the onset of diabetes, or for controlling diabetes?

Feel free to chime in...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:38 PM   #5
The_Big_Sleep
Epigenetically Gifted
Max Brawn
Points: 2,330, Level: 29 Points: 2,330, Level: 29 Points: 2,330, Level: 29
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
The_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machineThe_Big_Sleep is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I guess the two issues would be:

1) Is a chemical better than sugar for overall general health?
2) Is a sweetener a better option for staving off insulin sensitivity and the onset of diabetes, or for controlling diabetes?

Feel free to chime in...
Well semantics aside, sugars are technically "chemicals" but I think what you're driving at is that artificial sweeteners are synthetically made, which for the most part is true except in the case of a select few.

As far as the second question goes, I would have to say yes, I think that replacing pure sugar with non-nutritive sweeteners is a better option for diabetics and pre-diabetics.
The_Big_Sleep is offline   Reply With Quote