Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Supplements, Nutrition & Diet > Nutrition, Diet and Supplements > Low Carb & Paleo Diet
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Low Carb & Paleo Diet A forum to discuss low carb and Paleo diet easting approaches.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:00 AM   #1
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default Kelly's Kitchen

I'm going to start posting low carb recipes that my Fiance, Kelly, makes in this thread. Hope you guys enjoy!

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 AM   #2
BigJosh
Max Brawn

BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default Cauliflower Awesomeness aka Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole

Louanne's Kitchen: Loaded Cauliflower Casserole

Instead of using the monterey and sharp cheddar she used Cheddar Cheese and Velveta and fresh parmesan cheese. This was epic goodness. I highly recommend this one.

She served it with the stuffed chicken which I will post below....

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:09 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
I'm going to start posting low carb recipes that my Fiance, Kelly, makes in this thread. Hope you guys enjoy!
Oh yeah bring it on!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:11 AM   #4
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Default Bacon Wrapped Stuff Chickens

Chicken, Bacon, Cream Cheese. 'Nuff Said.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe | Free Online Recipes | Free Recipes

THis stuff was great! Instead of using the cream cheese spread they recommend she made one with cream cheese green onions and garlic salt. My phone just died, but I will upload the pic i have.

Quote:
Make gains, not excuses.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #5
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Default Armadillo Eggs

I don't have pictures of our results or the actual recipe for this but I'm going to post it anyone.

Take 1 jimmy dean sausage chub and cut it into 10 slices. She laid them out and kind of spread them out and flattened them a bit.
Mix up cream cheese, shredded cheddar and 2 diced jalapenos.
Take the mixture, place it in the middle of the sausage "patties".
Roll/shape the sausage patties around the cheese/jalapeno mixture to form a ball or egg.
Sprinkle with your favorite bbq rub.

Place on smoker and smoke at about 225 for 60-90 minutes. You could probably cook these on the grill also.

***edit***
I remembered we had some left overs still. I warmed a couple up and took a picture. Also while I was doing this Kelly informed me that they are turtle eggs not armadillo eggs.

Quote:
Make gains, not excuses.

Last edited by BigJosh; 02-12-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #6
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Chicken, Bacon, Cream Cheese. 'Nuff Said.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe | Free Online Recipes | Free Recipes

THis stuff was great! Instead of using the cream cheese spread they recommend she made one with cream cheese green onions and garlic salt. My phone just died, but I will upload the pic i have.
Kelly made this again tonight. So I came in here to post some new pictures. Then I realized I never put pictures in the original post. So here it is:

Quote:
Make gains, not excuses.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:19 AM   #7
fenrisulfr
Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

Ha! My wife has made this multiple times recently. Its good stuff!
fenrisulfr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #8
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Default Jalapeno Popper Chicken

Low Carb Layla: Jalapeno Popper Chicken

There is nothing not win about this chicken. If you like cream sauces and you like cheese you are in for a treat. If I were going to do anything different, it would be to add a bit more jalapeno. IAlso, this sauce could be used for more than the chicken. I used it on the broccoli that night, in an omelette the next morning and in some chicken chilli with lunch the next day. Enjoy!

Quote:
Make gains, not excuses.

Last edited by BigJosh; 03-11-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #9
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Gonna have to give this a try.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Default Cheese Taco Shells

Kelly made these for dinner last night. These are taco shells made out of cheese. They were really good.

Directions:
Quote:
For the cheese shells:

In a small pan on low heat (I set mine between a 2 and a 3) add 1/4 cup (2 ounces of cheese) and let it melt. It's going to start to bubble and grease and liquid will collect on top.

Let the cheese cook for about 7 minutes. Until the edges are light golden brown and the cheese is set and easy to flip. I blotted some of the liquid and grease with a napkin to help it hold together better.

After 7 minutes flip the shell over with a spatula and cook for 1 minute longer
In the link below the directions go on to explain how to make them form like taco shells. Kelly didn't do that. She just cooked them to the point where it was crunchy, yet malleable. Like a soft taco
Enjoy!!!
http://lusciouslowcarb.blogspot.com/...night.html?m=1

Quote:
Make gains, not excuses.