Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Low Carb & Paleo Diet (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Gasp Goes Lowwww Carb (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11657)

gaspers04 11-13-2012 08:54 PM

Gasp Goes Lowwww Carb

Im at the completion of day four of strict low carb/high protein/moderate fat. Well Im still functioning well with absolutely no cravings or ill sides. I wanted to wait a few days before posting to see if I could stick with it.

B/W approx 330 at the start.

Protein approx 327gr
Carbs approx 78gr
Fats....No idea at this time.

Diet ~ High Protein, Mod Fat and Very Low Carb

1. 6 eggs, 4oz sausage, 1oz cheese, mushrooms and 1c 4% milk.

2. 1 scoop of whey and 2 servings of Natty PB.

3. 8oz shredded beef,pork or chicken, 1 serving BBQ sauce, 1oz cheese and 1 serving of sour cream.

4. 1 scoop of whey and 1oz of cheese.

5. 8oz chicken or fish, green beans and 3 “new” potatoes.

6. 1 scoop of whey, 1c of 4% cottage cheese and 1oz of almonds.

Approx. 327gr Protein, 78gr Carbs

rippednmichigan 11-13-2012 08:59 PM

Grumpy G in tha house! Kidding hope you deal well brother, dedication is key!

bruteforce 11-13-2012 09:17 PM

Heard you might like a low carb lasagna recipe. This is good stuff. If you want noodle substitutes, you can try zucchini or eggplant slices. Or, there's always dreamfields pasta. 5g useable carb per serving, and tastes as good as normal pasta.

Noodle-less lasanga
2-3 pounds ground beef
1 pound bulk italian sausage (hot)
2 cans mushrooms
2 cups pasta sauce - lowest carb you can find or home made
3 cups ricotta cheese
3 cups mozzarella
1 egg
garlic, oregano, basil, salt to taste

Pre-heat over to 350
Cook meat until fully cooked, then add in mushrooms and pasta sauce. While this cooks down some, mix cheese, egg, and spices in a bowl

In a large pan (13x9) put down a layer of meat, then spread the cheese mix over it. Place the rest of the meat on top, then add more mozzarella on top of it. Optionally top with pepperoni.

BendtheBar 11-13-2012 09:22 PM

Do it to it.

I have plenty of recipes should you get bored with this.

gaspers04 11-13-2012 09:29 PM

I like simplicity and ease of prep since I seem to be tight on time 90% of the time....lol

Thanks Guys!

gaspers04 11-13-2012 09:30 PM

I am finding that I do get a lil grumpy when I go past my three hour window between meals, when on schedule Im good.

nighttrain 11-13-2012 09:42 PM

i did a very low carb, high protein a couple years back... had awesome results, and as long as i hit my time line on meals, i was good..... my diet was something like this...... if y'all remember....

Chicken and green beans

Tilapia and green beans

ground beef and green beans

Chicken and green beans
Chicken and green beans
Chicken and green beans
Chicken and green beansChicken and green beansChicken and green beansChicken and green beansChicken and green beansChicken and green beansChicken and green beansChicken and green beansChicken and green beansChicken and green beansChicken and green beansChicken and green beans, lol

good luck buddy, i will be joining you in the spring.... low carb!!!!

gaspers04 11-14-2012 06:20 AM

325lbs. this AM. Dry moth and bathroom visits are running rampant.....lo

I WILL 11-14-2012 12:55 PM

GO Gasp you'll do it!:rockon: What is your goal did I miss it? Low carbs sounds as fun as a sling.:(

gaspers04 11-14-2012 05:01 PM

Thanks I will. Im just wanting to lean out some and preserve as much mass and strength as possible. Im not in search of a beach bod and ripped abz, just wanting to carry a lil less weight. Some say 250 would be to light for me so Im looking at 275 then reevaluate from there.