Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health > Kettlebell Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Kettlebell Training Discuss Kettlebell Training and Workouts

Old 01-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!
Default KBs and pregnancy.

Just to show that KBs can be used very well during the latter stages of pregnancy. I saw these vids and was amazed which is why I'm putting them up here.

I'd just like to assure any reader who has comcerns, that Yoana herself addresses a viewer's comment about not doing snatches at this stage in her pregnancy and she informs the individual that she works with 24kg and upwards normally and is very experienced with KBs and has been using them for some time, so the 12kg is really nothing in terms of weight load for her to be handling.

She also mentions that at some of the latter stage she varied the swing to the outside of the leg as well.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good post Babs.

Though not directly kettlebell related...my wife performed resistance training during her first pregnancy, and it went much better than her second pregnancy. She had far fewer "bad back" days, and fewer headaches.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:49 PM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good post Babs.

Though not directly kettlebell related...my wife performed resistance training during her first pregnancy, and it went much better than her second pregnancy. She had far fewer "bad back" days, and fewer headaches.
Strange that the first pregnancy was better than the second, even with the lack of exercise during the second one; don't they say that the first is always the worst? I must admit to ignorance on this subject.

What fascinated me was that Yoana doesn't have that pregnancy "waddle", if you follow, when she walks; she also stands upright, isn't carrying excess weight etc.

Exercise seems to make sense, like they say "They're not ill, they're pregnant"; though I do understand that some have a harder time than others, from what I've read/learned etc...
Old 01-28-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I think mentally the first was the worst. My wife was about 30 pounds heavier for the second, and I'm not sure her back liked that very much.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:05 PM   #5
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I think mentally the first was the worst. My wife was about 30 pounds heavier for the second, and I'm not sure her back liked that very much.
That I can understand, I always dreaded the thought of childbirth ever since I was about 4y/o and saw a doc coming out of a room after much screaming, where my mother was, with blood all over his hands . Psychological damage of that nature stays with you for a very long time.

I'd imagine 30lbs would really wreack havoc on the body, that'd be the equivalent to carrying a 16kg KB around with you.