Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kettlebell Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   KBs and pregnancy. (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5321)

5kgLifter 01-28-2011 12:02 PM

KBs and pregnancy.

Just to show that KBs can be used very well during the latter stages of pregnancy. I saw these vids and was amazed which is why I'm putting them up here.

I'd just like to assure any reader who has comcerns, that Yoana herself addresses a viewer's comment about not doing snatches at this stage in her pregnancy and she informs the individual that she works with 24kg and upwards normally and is very experienced with KBs and has been using them for some time, so the 12kg is really nothing in terms of weight load for her to be handling.

She also mentions that at some of the latter stage she varied the swing to the outside of the leg as well.

BendtheBar 01-28-2011 12:44 PM

Good post Babs.

Though not directly kettlebell related...my wife performed resistance training during her first pregnancy, and it went much better than her second pregnancy. She had far fewer "bad back" days, and fewer headaches.

5kgLifter 01-28-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 111499)
Good post Babs.

Though not directly kettlebell related...my wife performed resistance training during her first pregnancy, and it went much better than her second pregnancy. She had far fewer "bad back" days, and fewer headaches.

Strange that the first pregnancy was better than the second, even with the lack of exercise during the second one; don't they say that the first is always the worst? I must admit to ignorance on this subject.

What fascinated me was that Yoana doesn't have that pregnancy "waddle", if you follow, when she walks; she also stands upright, isn't carrying excess weight etc.

Exercise seems to make sense, like they say "They're not ill, they're pregnant"; though I do understand that some have a harder time than others, from what I've read/learned etc...

BendtheBar 01-28-2011 01:58 PM

I think mentally the first was the worst. My wife was about 30 pounds heavier for the second, and I'm not sure her back liked that very much.

5kgLifter 01-28-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 111526)
I think mentally the first was the worst. My wife was about 30 pounds heavier for the second, and I'm not sure her back liked that very much.

That I can understand, I always dreaded the thought of childbirth ever since I was about 4y/o and saw a doc coming out of a room after much screaming, where my mother was, with blood all over his hands . Psychological damage of that nature stays with you for a very long time. :(

I'd imagine 30lbs would really wreack havoc on the body, that'd be the equivalent to carrying a 16kg KB around with you.