Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Kettlebell Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Kettlebell Squat and Triple Crush (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5300)

BendtheBar 01-24-2011 10:32 AM

Kettlebell Squat and Triple Crush

bigtim27 01-24-2011 11:06 AM

Nice vid steve ;)

BendtheBar 01-24-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtim27 (Post 110184)
Nice vid steve ;)

Thanks. A guy named Tim recommended it to me.

Thought I would add it to the new "kettlebell" forum to get things rolling.

bigtim27 01-24-2011 11:15 AM

This whole site just keeps getting better and better. You're really doing a hell of a job with it Steve. If there is ever anything you need let me know.

5kgLifter 01-24-2011 11:20 AM

I have to admit, I'd be concerned about taking a KB overhead with a crush grip, myself. I've seen a vid in which a female takes a 20kg KB overhead (top of skull) and holds it there for a second or two before lowering, once again not something I'd be comfortable with due to the extreme potential for injury to the skull.

Crush grip is brutal though and the thrumbs aren't necessary around the bottom of the KB as seen in the vid above.

BendtheBar 01-24-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtim27 (Post 110187)
This whole site just keeps getting better and better. You're really doing a hell of a job with it Steve. If there is ever anything you need let me know.

Thanks Tim.

The best thing you and others can do is to keep posting here. :rockon:

Conversations breed conversations.

Though the forum seems "slow" at times, it continues to pick up steam month in and month out. 18 months ago is was 5 guys all staring at each other :mh:

BendtheBar 01-24-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 110189)
I have to admit, I'd be concerned about taking a KB overhead with a crush grip, myself.

I was thinking about that issue myself, and wondering if this could be done with two hands on the handle, gripping and pressed in with a "crushing" pressure. I'll have to give it a try tomorrow.

5kgLifter 01-24-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 110192)
I was thinking about that issue myself, and wondering if this could be done with two hands on the handle, gripping and pressed in with a "crushing" pressure. I'll have to give it a try tomorrow.

It can be done that way; that's the way the female was doing it by "holding the KB horns" as it's described, but still I'd be wary of a slip with the wrists in such a position but you may feel differently, plus with the blood flow issue I lose hydraulics which means maybe I get drop off in power as well so a double issue to consider with these sorts of lifts.

You got yourself a KB?

BendtheBar 01-24-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 110194)

You got yourself a KB?

Using my wife's right now.

Regarding the "crush", perhaps you could back off the pressure and focus on grip when moving the kettlebell overhead.

bigtim27 01-24-2011 11:45 AM

The crush part can be a real concern in the summer when you are sweating and your kettlebell gets a bit of moisture on it, I know from experience.