Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Old 06-05-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
AdamDriggers
Brawn
Points: 386, Level: 7 Points: 386, Level: 7 Points: 386, Level: 7
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 17
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
AdamDriggers has made some quality postsAdamDriggers has made some quality postsAdamDriggers has made some quality postsAdamDriggers has made some quality postsAdamDriggers has made some quality postsAdamDriggers has made some quality postsAdamDriggers has made some quality posts
Default Far from new, but new here.

My name is Adam Driggers and I'm recently retired from competitive powerlifting.
I'm 41 years old and have competed in geared lifting since 2000. Mostly multiply. My training now is exclusively raw, but still slants towards powerlifting.

I am the founder of Team Samson Powerlifting and own the facility where we train. Some of my training partners are Brian Carroll of Overkill and 10/20/Life, Clint Smith of Overkill, and Jonathon Byrd of Titan. But that's only a part of our group that includes about 10 regular members. All of which are actively competing. Well, besides me that is.

What I hope to showcase here is what my training looks like post competition and gear. I think I work harder now than I did before "retiring". Some of the guys wonder why I retired at all. My answer, "I'm just not interested in doing everything that is necessary to put it all together on the platform anymore". Most of them are convinced I will do it again. I guess you should never say never, but I have no plans or hidden desires to do so.

So if you're interested in seeing what a retired "pro-powerlifter" does in the gym, that's what I'll be posting.
AdamDriggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Welcome aboard Adam. It's an honor to have you here. Looking forward to following your log.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
AdamDriggers
Brawn

AdamDriggers has made some quality postsAdamDriggers has made some quality postsAdamDriggers has made some quality postsAdamDriggers has made some quality postsAdamDriggers has made some quality postsAdamDriggers has made some quality postsAdamDriggers has made some quality posts

Thanks a lot. I'm pretty excited about sharing my training again.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #4
Sandbox
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,325, Level: 29 Points: 2,325, Level: 29 Points: 2,325, Level: 29
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Training Exp: 28
Fav Supp: Dead Cow
Sandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributorSandbox is a dedicated contributor

Adam...welcome. I've been in this sport for three decades (mostly as a raw lifter) and I have followed you for years.
I have a lot of respect for your tenacity on the platform but more for the way you carried yourself in the PL community. It shows in your team as well.

You've just classed this joint up another notch. Glad you're here.
Sandbox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #5
Bdub
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,416, Level: 21 Points: 1,416, Level: 21 Points: 1,416, Level: 21
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 1-2 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Supp: Food
Bdub is a consistent contributorBdub is a consistent contributorBdub is a consistent contributorBdub is a consistent contributorBdub is a consistent contributorBdub is a consistent contributorBdub is a consistent contributorBdub is a consistent contributorBdub is a consistent contributorBdub is a consistent contributorBdub is a consistent contributor

Welcome to the forum...lots of awesome people here!

Best Meet Results
Squat: 385
Bench: 265
Deadlift: 475
Bdub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Boosting your post count now so you can post links and videos.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:21 PM   #7
AdamDriggers
Brawn

Thanks guys.

Sandbox, very cool of you. thank you.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #8
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Very glad to have you Adam.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:10 PM   #9
moeheep
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

Great to have you here "Neighbor"

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #10
RickH
Brawn
Points: 694, Level: 13 Points: 694, Level: 13 Points: 694, Level: 13
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Dips
Fav Supp: Sardines
RickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good postsRickH has made some very good posts

Welcome Adam, looking forward too your posts.