Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #31
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwys61 View Post
2000 is a great goal. I feel like I would hit 650/400/535=1685 if I were to compete today
My goal was always 1500 raw. I hit 1400 raw when I was under 30, but now at 40 I have a hard time getting past 1300.

Is 650 squat or dead?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #32
bwys61
Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn
Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

Squat, I think I can hit more than that, but who knows until the bar is loaded?
Old 08-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #33
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwys61 View Post
Squat, I think I can hit more than that, but who knows until the bar is loaded?
How's your depth. Feeling good about it, or need improvement?

My depth was always borderline.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #34
bwys61
Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn

bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

i never have a problem with depth
Old 08-30-2009, 10:33 PM   #35
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast
Default Nkotb

New Kid on the Block

Particulars:
Male. 46. 5'10. 217lbs. 16%BF.

Goals:
195 - 205 lbs <8%BF A huge looking 195 would be great, but at my age...

I've been lifting for about seven years now and haven't decided until recently if I wanted to look like a BBer or be a powerlifter. Hence my progress has been slow at best. A couple of months ago I decided that at least for now I'd put my eggs in the BBing basket.

I live in Minnesota (we have Brett Favre now, MAB you can have him back if you want him). I've been married 12 years to my very best friend. We have three daughters ages 9,6, and 16 months. They'll be dating in a few years, and I guess that's why I lift. I want to meet those young punks coming to take my daughters out, give 'em a gun show and tell them to have my girl home by 10:00. And deep inside that kid will know that I really meant 9:00.

I have a crappy receiving clerk/warehouse gig in a company that makes business cards, envelopes, and such. The guy that owns my company is the same yutz that owns the Minnesota Timberwolves. Did I ever get paid like Kevin Garnett? NO.

By night, I'm a trumpet player in a rock and roll band. Pretty fun. Business has been slow in 2009. Probably due to the economy. Hopefully things pick up. But in the meantime, I'll spend my free time lifting.

I found the MAB site while searching for something that would satisfy my indecision between BBing and PLing. I saw a reference once to something called "Powerbuilding." I Googled the term, and this site came up. I've been lurking for quite a while, and am happy to finally "come out of the closet."

I'll start a log, but only if you promise not to snicker at my puny numbers. Hey, it might earn me free supps. I'm all about free supps, especially if they work.

Anyway, I like the site. I dig the quaint community. I hope to make some buds.

See ya around the block,

big val
Old 08-30-2009, 11:04 PM   #36
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

There won't be any snickering at anyones numbers. The term "heavy" is relative. Just lift what you can safely lift and hopefully move forward!

Welcome to M&B!
Old 08-31-2009, 03:18 AM   #37
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

Welcome aboars Big Val, i have only shortly joined the MnB crwod and i'll tell you what i love it over here. there are some gr8 guys with gr8 knowledge and it seems to be an older crowd so not alot of the stupid crap that accompanies some of the "other" BB boards. i look forward to learning and helping out where i can... John
Old 08-31-2009, 06:40 AM   #38
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
New Kid on the Block

Particulars:
Male. 46. 5'10. 217lbs. 16%BF.

Goals:
195 - 205 lbs <8%BF A huge looking 195 would be great, but at my age...

I've been lifting for about seven years now and haven't decided until recently if I wanted to look like a BBer or be a powerlifter. Hence my progress has been slow at best. A couple of months ago I decided that at least for now I'd put my eggs in the BBing basket.

I live in Minnesota (we have Brett Favre now, MAB you can have him back if you want him). I've been married 12 years to my very best friend. We have three daughters ages 9,6, and 16 months. They'll be dating in a few years, and I guess that's why I lift. I want to meet those young punks coming to take my daughters out, give 'em a gun show and tell them to have my girl home by 10:00. And deep inside that kid will know that I really meant 9:00.

I have a crappy receiving clerk/warehouse gig in a company that makes business cards, envelopes, and such. The guy that owns my company is the same yutz that owns the Minnesota Timberwolves. Did I ever get paid like Kevin Garnett? NO.

By night, I'm a trumpet player in a rock and roll band. Pretty fun. Business has been slow in 2009. Probably due to the economy. Hopefully things pick up. But in the meantime, I'll spend my free time lifting.

I found the MAB site while searching for something that would satisfy my indecision between BBing and PLing. I saw a reference once to something called "Powerbuilding." I Googled the term, and this site came up. I've been lurking for quite a while, and am happy to finally "come out of the closet."

I'll start a log, but only if you promise not to snicker at my puny numbers. Hey, it might earn me free supps. I'm all about free supps, especially if they work.

Anyway, I like the site. I dig the quaint community. I hope to make some buds.

See ya around the block,

big val
Welcome on board. I'm a big trumpet fan. Owned a Willie Waldman album, as well as enjoying a group called Banyan - which features Willie.

And please start a log. There will be no snickering. That's not the way we handle things here. You'll find only encouragement. The community is small, but everyone here enjoys lifting and exercise.

As far as jobs, I just left a crappy factory job to work full time out of home. I've worked in receiving as well.

I know the dilemma as far a BB-ing and powerlifting go. I know I probably will never wear trunks and oil myself, but I still would like to look good. Powerbuilding is one of my favorite terms. I tend to train like a bodybuilder, but I always want more strength.

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you here.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:23 AM   #39
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Wlecome to the board man! Please start a log, post pics and move forward. We are here to help, no snickering (maybe a kici in the ass from time to time but no bashing here).
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
Old 08-31-2009, 09:03 AM   #40
bwys61
Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn

welcome and good luck
Closed Thread