Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #2771
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickypni View Post
Hello fellow Iron brothers!

Im Ricky im 24 years old and a rep for PNI...if anyone has any questions feel free to email me or PM my box is always open
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJohn View Post
Hello All, I'm new to strength training but have been lifting weights on and off for about 20 years. I'm 47 with two boys ages 13 and 14. We're all on the scrawny side and I'm looking to change that.

My boys also want to lift with me so I'm hoping to design a program we can all follow.

John
Hi guys
Old 01-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #2772
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickypni View Post
Hello fellow Iron brothers!

Im Ricky im 24 years old and a rep for PNI...if anyone has any questions feel free to email me or PM my box is always open
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you on board.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Old 01-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #2773
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McJohn View Post
Hello All, I'm new to strength training but have been lifting weights on and off for about 20 years. I'm 47 with two boys ages 13 and 14. We're all on the scrawny side and I'm looking to change that.

I'm 5'8" and 170 lbs and am currently doing a 5x5 type of program. I know it's probably not ideal so I'll start reading through the workouts for something better.

Day 1
-Leg Press (hoping to switch to squats soon) super set with Power Cleans or overhead presses
-EZ bar curls super set with seated calf raises
Day 2
Off, light cardio and stretching, yoga (seems to really help my squat)
Day 3
-bench press super set with stiff leg dead lifts or barbell rows
-dips super set with weighted sit ups or leg raises
Day 4
Off, light cardio and stretching, yoga
Repeat

I get 3 workouts in per week and do a lot of outdoor cardio on weekends.

On the first super sets of each day I progressively add weight but keep the reps at 5 per set with only the last two sets being near max.

The second super sets are higher rep add on type sets to near failure but higher reps, like 10 plus

I'm currently benching 225 x 5, leg pressing 560 x 5, over head pressing 135 x 5 and dead lifting 185 x 5 on my max sets.

I would like to increase my strength on core lifts especially squats, dead lifts and cleans. I'm coming off the leg press soon, I found I couldn't squat properly after not doing them for years and finding my lower body flexibility too poor to allow proper form. Hence the yoga classes which I know aren't too manly but they've really helped my knees and hips for heavy lower body lifts.

My boys also want to lift with me so I'm hoping to design a program we can all follow.

So is my current routine on the right track?
Are my boys at 13 and 14 too young to start a 5x5 type program?

I'm looking forward to focusing my workouts and gaining knowledge on strength training through all of the info here.

John
Welcome to the forum John.

I train teen powerlifters. My recommendation is to get them on a bodyweight and moderate dumbbell routine for about 6 months first.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #2774
Jesda
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,839, Level: 25 Points: 1,839, Level: 25 Points: 1,839, Level: 25
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Jesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good posts

Hey Ricky and John, glad to have you both on here.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #2775
OneMorePlate
Max Brawn
Points: 4,036, Level: 40 Points: 4,036, Level: 40 Points: 4,036, Level: 40
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 30+
Fav Supp: Red Meat
OneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master memberOneMorePlate is a master member

Hello Fellas

Started my training pretty much after I got out of diapers. Was always picking up trying to lift stuff so I was told. By grade school use to drag out old tires, bricks for a high jump ect. to make an obstacle course complete with a barbell for OH press. Have always been driven to excel physically, actually enjoy pushing the limits.
Have a family, wife, two kids a son who lifts too and a daughter who is in sports.

Look forward to making new friends here.
Todd
Old 01-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #2776
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMorePlate View Post
Hello Fellas

Started my training pretty much after I got out of diapers. Was always picking up trying to lift stuff so I was told. By grade school use to drag out old tires, bricks for a high jump ect. to make an obstacle course complete with a barbell for OH press. Have always been driven to excel physically, actually enjoy pushing the limits.
Have a family, wife, two kids a son who lifts too and a daughter who is in sports.

Look forward to making new friends here.
Todd
Welcome aboard Todd. Good to have another family man on board. We tend to be an "older" forum, meaning not too many teens hang out. Hope you will feel right at home.

Start up a training log and stick around. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #2777
BigChef
New Brawn
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

BigChef is off to a bad start

Gidday boys, I am BigChef the mod from Professionalmuscle.com...Titanct has told me about this forum so I thought I check it out. Nice to meet you all.
I am 43 male from Australia and been lifting for many years, and have knowledge on diet etc. See you on the forum!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #2778
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChef View Post
Gidday boys, I am BigChef the mod from Professionalmuscle.com...Titanct has told me about this forum so I thought I check it out. Nice to meet you all.
I am 43 male from Australia and been lifting for many years, and have knowledge on diet etc. See you on the forum!
Welcome to the forum.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #2779
BigChef
New Brawn
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

BigChef is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Welcome to the forum.
Thanks mate!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #2780
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChef View Post
Thanks mate!
I'll bump your post count up so you can have link and PM access.

Closed Thread