Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 12:00 PM   #601
cooltom
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

cooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributor

Hello MAB community,

Thank you Bend the Bar for the quick reception. I thought I signed up a while back, but could never remember my password. I was perusing the site the other day and wanted to respond on a forum, I've already forgotten which one, but finally got my account in order.

Other than being hard of memory, I am 33, I work and go to graduate school, and I hit the gym about 6 days a week. I've been working out since I was 16, but I should say seriously from 16 to 19, then from 32 to 33. I had a bad injury at 19 that kept me from lifting heavy for a while and I ended up developing other interests. I eventually became a fat ass, then started exercising like a maniac at age 26. I would do weight circuits, etc. and played a lot of basketball. I got my weight down and kept it down, until last year when I knew I needed to get a bit more serious if I wanted to keep the gut from growing back.

I started a bodybuilding routine last June that eventually morphed into a powerlifting routine. I started doing Wendler's 531 in September of last year. I make modifications to it from time to time and I am eager to learn everything I can.

MAB seems to be a place of really open-minded people, as some of the articles I've read here take very different approaches to training.

Happy to be aboard and I look forward to the discussions.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #602
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn
Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Hammer Low Pull
Fav Supp: Jack3d, Yok3d, ModernBCAA
DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltom View Post
Hello MAB community,

Thank you Bend the Bar for the quick reception. I thought I signed up a while back, but could never remember my password. I was perusing the site the other day and wanted to respond on a forum, I've already forgotten which one, but finally got my account in order.

Other than being hard of memory, I am 33, I work and go to graduate school, and I hit the gym about 6 days a week. I've been working out since I was 16, but I should say seriously from 16 to 19, then from 32 to 33. I had a bad injury at 19 that kept me from lifting heavy for a while and I ended up developing other interests. I eventually became a fat ass, then started exercising like a maniac at age 26. I would do weight circuits, etc. and played a lot of basketball. I got my weight down and kept it down, until last year when I knew I needed to get a bit more serious if I wanted to keep the gut from growing back.

I started a bodybuilding routine last June that eventually morphed into a powerlifting routine. I started doing Wendler's 531 in September of last year. I make modifications to it from time to time and I am eager to learn everything I can.

MAB seems to be a place of really open-minded people, as some of the articles I've read here take very different approaches to training.

Glad to have you with us man!
Old 04-07-2010, 12:05 PM   #603
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Welcome to the site Cooltom. We have a pretty wide diversity of training styles but everyone here is devoted to lifting hard and heavy. Throw up a training log and stay a while.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Old 04-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #604
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

welcome CoolTom, hope you like our lil home away from home
Old 04-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #605
cooltom
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

cooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributorcooltom is a dedicated contributor

Thanks everyone. Let's do this
Old 04-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #606
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Hello MAB community,

Welcome aboard man. Yes this is a great site. Goodluck and hope we all can help you with anything you need.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:31 AM   #607
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Great group of people here, enjoy your stay.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:51 AM   #608
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Hello MAB community,

Welcome, Glad you came. Great place and people here.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:20 AM   #609
MikeC
Uber Brawn
Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47

MikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributor

What's up everyone? I'm Mike C. Found the site from the Gordon LaVelle interview and enjoying the information. I've been lifting for over 15 years and am a bit of a minimalist when it comes to training. I train every third day. Quite a few logs here so I might join the gang and log my training if that's ok?
Old 04-17-2010, 09:27 AM   #610
tank316
Brawn
Points: 3,462, Level: 36 Points: 3,462, Level: 36 Points: 3,462, Level: 36

tank316 is a consistent contributortank316 is a consistent contributortank316 is a consistent contributortank316 is a consistent contributortank316 is a consistent contributortank316 is a consistent contributortank316 is a consistent contributortank316 is a consistent contributortank316 is a consistent contributortank316 is a consistent contributortank316 is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Hello MAB community,

Welcome
Great intro
Closed Thread