Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 11:50 PM   #401
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
Hey rick, you heard from madman lately? (speaking of texas powerlifters)
No just Madmaxie. He seems awol from the internet and text.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2010, 11:54 PM   #402
onetiredkris
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

damn, hope hes doing good

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:10 AM   #403
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
damn, hope hes doing good
He and the wife are both coaching the Huntsville Highschool Powerlifting team. I met him at one late last year that was in our area and I sat with them. He said he may only enter one more PL event.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:36 AM   #404
Iambigmike66
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1

Iambigmike66 is off to a bad start
Default Hello all...

I am a 26 y.o. (about to be 27) from CT. I am of the larger frame or build as some would call it...I am 6'6" 275 with a 20% body fat. Lets just say I got a little to work with. I am a power lifter and a runner (I know those dont mix but I run marathons for fun, and in decent times too!) but I need to trim down. My knees are taking a beating!

This is my first time taking Animal and I am mixing it with Gaspari Superpump 250 & SizeOn along with general BCAA's, aminos and some raw creatine. I am looking to get down to a solid 245-250 but keep my strength. I lift 5-6 times a week (varying heavy, light, kettlebells, etc) and I run 5 days a week (equalling 15-20 miles).

The biggest draw back and my biggest issue is diet. I need the cals and carbs to keep this big body going throughout the day.

Any ideas on diets that wont negate the purpose of taking Animal cuts and help me shed weight at the same time?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #405
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iambigmike66 View Post

Any ideas on diets that wont negate the purpose of taking Animal cuts and help me shed weight at the same time?
You said you maintain at about 4000. Any thought of eating maybe around 3000 on non-training days and 4000 on training days? This would give you about a pound deficit each week and still give you more fuel on training days.

How do you feel on days when you eat around 3000?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Old 02-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #406
Iambigmike66
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1

Iambigmike66 is off to a bad start

I feel ok...its once i break that 3000 mark when it gets tough. When I keep it around 3000 I usually use supplemenation at first to make up for the difference while my body adapts.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:04 AM   #407
jhuse2
Big Tex
Max Brawn
Points: 2,522, Level: 30 Points: 2,522, Level: 30 Points: 2,522, Level: 30

jhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iambigmike66 View Post
I am a 26 y.o. (about to be 27) from CT. I am of the larger frame or build as some would call it...I am 6'6" 275 with a 20% body fat. Lets just say I got a little to work with. I am a power lifter and a runner (I know those dont mix but I run marathons for fun, and in decent times too!) but I need to trim down. My knees are taking a beating!

This is my first time taking Animal and I am mixing it with Gaspari Superpump 250 & SizeOn along with general BCAA's, aminos and some raw creatine. I am looking to get down to a solid 245-250 but keep my strength. I lift 5-6 times a week (varying heavy, light, kettlebells, etc) and I run 5 days a week (equalling 15-20 miles).

The biggest draw back and my biggest issue is diet. I need the cals and carbs to keep this big body going throughout the day.

Hello. Your going to like it here. There is a lot of useful exerience at this forum.
DEAD LIFTS: . . . . . . . .255/300/435
OVERHEAD PRESS: . . . . 110/135/170

Transformation Contest BULK
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...test-bulk.html
Workout Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...ngth-form.html
~HOT SH!T.. ROCK & ROLL~
Old 02-11-2010, 11:12 AM   #408
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

hey mike enjoy the forum!

and as far as your runnin maybe its a little odd to see a huge man ran a marathon but i got a really good friend that is 6' 4" 240 and he's doin the same thing. he's not quite a power lifter yet but he's workin on it. so you got company out there even if its miles away and you don't know him. good luck with the diet!
Old 02-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #409
sniperteam
New Brawn
Points: 119, Level: 2 Points: 119, Level: 2 Points: 119, Level: 2

sniperteam has made some quality postssniperteam has made some quality postssniperteam has made some quality postssniperteam has made some quality postssniperteam has made some quality postssniperteam has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Welcome aboard. Rick has told me how much of a beast you are. Looking forward to reading about your training approach.
Thanks everyone...and I will start a log in the next few days...I am in the middle of expanding my training business...picked up 2 new clients this week...also got an order of t-shirts coming FRiday..I hope...so I am swamped..
my pr's to date are (all of these are regulation lifts bench w/ a pause, squat below parallel and dead w/ full lockout..all I use are wrist wraps and a belt:
Bench 375
Dead 575
squat 505
military 245
Shall do my best to not disappoint you guys! Competing at the APF Texas Cup in Austin on April 24th...and my wife be taking the platform for the first time..
Old 02-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #410
jhuse2
Big Tex
Max Brawn
Points: 2,522, Level: 30 Points: 2,522, Level: 30 Points: 2,522, Level: 30

jhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperteam View Post
Thanks everyone...and I will start a log in the next few days...I am in the middle of expanding my training business...picked up 2 new clients this week...also got an order of t-shirts coming FRiday..I hope...so I am swamped..
my pr's to date are (all of these are regulation lifts bench w/ a pause, squat below parallel and dead w/ full lockout..all I use are wrist wraps and a belt:
Bench 375
Dead 575
squat 505
military 245
Shall do my best to not disappoint you guys! Competing at the APF Texas Cup in Austin on April 24th...and my wife be taking the platform for the first time..
nice to have ya. Good luck in Austin.
DEAD LIFTS: . . . . . . . .255/300/435
OVERHEAD PRESS: . . . . 110/135/170

Transformation Contest BULK
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...test-bulk.html
Workout Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...ngth-form.html
~HOT SH!T.. ROCK & ROLL~
Closed Thread