Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #2701
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandraW View Post
Sandra here. Just starting out on here. Had my yearly physical a few days ago and doc told me I was obese and needed to lose some weight. Also found out I have high blood pressure. Prescribed pills to lower BP, and gave me some Phentermine for 3 months to lose some weight. I have tried so many times before to lose weight and really want to now. I am 33 years old, and weight 283 pounds and am only 5'3". I would appreciate any help on this that I can get. I also smoke which I know is adding to the BP and I am trying to quit that. Hoping this site will give me some answers and help me lose what I want to lose. I have a pic in my mind of what I want to look like, toned and just really great. Great to meet you all here
Welcome! We are here to help with anything you need. I personally lost 100lb back when I was in my early 20's, and have kept it off succesfully. There are many people here with experience with using exercise and nutrition to cut fat and build a better body, and we all want to help any way we can. If you have any questions at all, don't be afraid to start a thread. There's no flaming here, just positive support. It's why this site is so great!
Old 01-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #2702
1morerep
Max Brawn
Points: 5,041, Level: 45 Points: 5,041, Level: 45 Points: 5,041, Level: 45
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast

Well Sandra...welcome aboard. I guess that you have a lot going on so I going to try to go straight to the point. Smoke...stop. Low fat/carb Diet is not equal to nutrion. 6 SMALL MEALS split during the day will work a lot better than just cut most of your meals and starve to death. Balance plates including, oatmeal, salads, fish, nut, a lot of water, etc. Also, start walking short distances and increase the distance and the time according to your own assestment of progress. Don't quit and push hard. There are a lot of people here that can point you in the right direction.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #2703
KCStrongmanben
TEAM MAB
Max Brawn
Points: 3,270, Level: 35 Points: 3,270, Level: 35 Points: 3,270, Level: 35
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 20
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
KCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributorKCStrongmanben is a dedicated contributor

My name is Ben Moore and I'm an Elite level powerlifter and former pro strongman currently training for a 1900lb unequipped total. I've been training for 20 years now and I'm sponsored by several companies including Athletic Xtreme. I look forward to getting some feedback and learning from your community here!
Muscle and Brawn
All American EFX Rep

Facebook: www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX
and they are my own.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #2704
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandraW View Post
Sandra here. Just starting out on here. Had my yearly physical a few days ago and doc told me I was obese and needed to lose some weight. Also found out I have high blood pressure. Prescribed pills to lower BP, and gave me some Phentermine for 3 months to lose some weight. I have tried so many times before to lose weight and really want to now. I am 33 years old, and weight 283 pounds and am only 5'3". I would appreciate any help on this that I can get. I also smoke which I know is adding to the BP and I am trying to quit that. Hoping this site will give me some answers and help me lose what I want to lose. I have a pic in my mind of what I want to look like, toned and just really great. Great to meet you all here
Welcome to the forum. We will help in any way we can. Make yourself at home and let us know if you have any questions.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Old 01-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #2705
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStrongmanben View Post
My name is Ben Moore and I'm an Elite level powerlifter and former pro strongman currently training for a 1900lb unequipped total. I've been training for 20 years now and I'm sponsored by several companies including Athletic Xtreme. I look forward to getting some feedback and learning from your community here!
Strong totals. Glad to have you on the site. Start up and log and good luck getting that 2000.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Old 01-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #2706
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Welcome Sandra and Ben. If I can help in any way, send me a message.

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
Old 01-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #2707
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Welcome Sandra! As you know getting support is ket to losing weight/fat and quitting bad habits like smoking. There is an endless supply of it here.

Welcome Ben!! Looks like you may also be able to teach us a thing or 2. Looking forward to your thoughts and views as well.
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 515 lbs
Total: 1305 Lbs
Age 50
Old 01-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #2708
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Hi Sandra and Ben.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #2709
sandraW
New Brawn
Points: 497, Level: 9 Points: 497, Level: 9 Points: 497, Level: 9

sandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Welcome! We are here to help with anything you need. I personally lost 100lb back when I was in my early 20's, and have kept it off succesfully. There are many people here with experience with using exercise and nutrition to cut fat and build a better body, and we all want to help any way we can. If you have any questions at all, don't be afraid to start a thread. There's no flaming here, just positive support. It's why this site is so great!
Thanks so much Soldier. I really do appreciate it. I will be sure to start a thread if I have any questions and believe me I really do.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #2710
sandraW
New Brawn
Points: 497, Level: 9 Points: 497, Level: 9 Points: 497, Level: 9

sandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good postssandraW has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1morerep View Post
Well Sandra...welcome aboard. I guess that you have a lot going on so I going to try to go straight to the point. Smoke...stop. Low fat/carb Diet is not equal to nutrion. 6 SMALL MEALS split during the day will work a lot better than just cut most of your meals and starve to death. Balance plates including, oatmeal, salads, fish, nut, a lot of water, etc. Also, start walking short distances and increase the distance and the time according to your own assestment of progress. Don't quit and push hard. There are a lot of people here that can point you in the right direction.
Thanks I will be sure to take this into consideration. I know that starving myself is not going to help but today I was actually not very hungry with taking my Phentermine.
Closed Thread