Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #1941
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipes View Post
Just stumbled across this forum looking for more articles to read.

I have to say so far it is one of the best I have read in a while.

I am 34, been training for 2 years, mainly 5x5 etc... for 1.5 years, now switched to powerlifting/bodybuilding, I guess some call this powerbuilding.

At this point I have started to train for the British Columbia Powerlifting Associations meet, which should happen in November as every year before.

The program I am going to follow will be the 12 week cycle by Dr. Squat (Fred Hatfield). Of course I am hoping to do this cycle 3 times until November.

I look forward to helping anybody with questions, and also I am sure I will be asking many myself.
Welcome to the forum Snipes. I have been pretty much a powerbuilder all my life as well.

Hope you will stick around and consider running a training log.

Jump in the conversations and have your say We keep things respectful here and always enjoy hearing what others have to say.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #1942
MikeC
Uber Brawn
Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

MikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributor

Welcome Snipes and Harloe!
Old 02-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #1943
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Hi Snipes
Old 02-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #1944
Bill
Max Brawn
Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Bill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machine
Default Hi

Hey everybody,

long time reader, first time poster.

Just here to gain info, get big/strong, and pass along any advice i can.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #1945
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Hey everybody,

Welcome to the forum Bill. As I stated in my email, we love to talk workouts so if you have any specific questions don't hesitate to start a thread.

Good luck reaching your goals!

Old 02-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #1946
Max
Brawn
Points: 336, Level: 6 Points: 336, Level: 6 Points: 336, Level: 6

Max has made some very good postsMax has made some very good postsMax has made some very good postsMax has made some very good postsMax has made some very good postsMax has made some very good postsMax has made some very good postsMax has made some very good postsMax has made some very good postsMax has made some very good postsMax has made some very good posts

Hello everyone my name Max and I'm 45. I like long romantic walks on the beach,candlelight dinners and listening to Kenny G... Oh crap wrong site*cough* ummmmm...what I meant was I like long jogs on the beach, I eat raw meat,wrestle Grizzly Bears and listen too Megadeth,Motorhead and Slayer when working out! Whoooosh...Im glad I caught myself before saying something real embarrassing! Anyway cheers!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #1947
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Hello everyone my name Max and I'm 45. I like long romantic walks on the beach,candlelight dinners and listening to Kenny G... Oh crap wrong site*cough* ummmmm...what I meant was I like long jogs on the beach, I eat raw meat,wrestle Grizzly Bears and listen too Megadeth,Motorhead and Slayer when working out! Whoooosh...Im glad I caught myself before saying something real embarrassing! Anyway cheers!
Wrestling bears and listening to Slayer? Check.

Welcome to the forum Max.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #1948
jdrhort
"The Rookie"
New Brawn
Points: 205, Level: 4 Points: 205, Level: 4 Points: 205, Level: 4

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: all!!
Fav Supp: jack3d
jdrhort has made some good postsjdrhort has made some good postsjdrhort has made some good postsjdrhort has made some good postsjdrhort has made some good postsjdrhort has made some good postsjdrhort has made some good postsjdrhort has made some good posts

Hello all! My name is Don. I'm 39 yrs old and, as of March 1, 2012, it will be 2 yrs since I began working out. I'm 6ft and weigh 215lbs. I've been on several workout programs and all seem to work for me. When I began lifting, my max bench was 105 on the Smith machine (yes, the Smith machine). Today, my max bench is 280 and my decline is 315. I don't squat anymore due to a pulled muscle and pinched nerve in my neck, but hey, I can still work out my legs doing other exercises. Anyway, I'm looking forward to a new workout program and chatting with my buddy T-bone!! (and interrupting his work out from time to time. He and I work out together at the same gym and I must give him props for me being on this forum. Thanks bro!!
Old 02-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #1949
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 7
Fav Exercise: Squat
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine

Yay Don! Welcome to the forum! These people will really keep you motivated!

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
Old 02-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #1950
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Hey everybody,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhort View Post
Hello all! My name is Don. I'm 39 yrs old and, as of March 1, 2012, it will be 2 yrs since I began working out. I'm 6ft and weigh 215lbs. I've been on several workout programs and all seem to work for me. When I began lifting, my max bench was 105 on the Smith machine (yes, the Smith machine). Today, my max bench is 280 and my decline is 315. I don't squat anymore due to a pulled muscle and pinched nerve in my neck, but hey, I can still work out my legs doing other exercises. Anyway, I'm looking forward to a new workout program and chatting with my buddy T-bone!! (and interrupting his work out from time to time. He and I work out together at the same gym and I must give him props for me being on this forum. Thanks bro!!
Hi guys