Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #1641
Abaddon
Strongman & Trainer
Max Brawn
Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 5 years total
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Log Clean Press
Fav Supp: Meat & Milk
Abaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
Hey guys, my name is Daniel. I found this site by searching for information on old golden age routines designed for classic physique building. I found a lot of inspiration in the discussions on this forum about that topic. I have been lifting seriously for about one and a half years and have gone from 120lbs to 160lbs in the last 2 years.

I am currently on a very simple routine that I found on Classicphysiquebuilder.org and it is very simple: Do one set of each 3 times per week - Deads, Military press, Chins, weighted pushups, barbell rows, squats. Then I rest for 10 min. and do 20 min. of straight db snatches for conditioning.

My overall level of strength is low, but I'm gaining steadily all the time. Hopefully the participation in this forum will help me make the transition from a begginer to an intermediate lifter while maximizing my gains.

Cheers
Daniel
Welcome aboard Daniel. If you want help in reaching you goals, be sure to start a log and/or a thread asking for advice and any questions you might have.

My first piece of advice would be to triple your current training: by this i mean, do 3 sets of each of those exercises, 3 times per week. Aim for 18+ sets each training session.

And of course, a good diet and training for progress are the keys to success.

W.A. AMATEUR STRONGMAN

MY LOG

PERSONAL RECORDS
Axle clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Bench press: 135 kgs (298 lbs) - 1st PL meet 16th October 2011
Deadlift w/Barbell: 180 kgs (397 lbs)
Deadlift w/Hexbar: 225 kgs (496 lbs)
Farmers walk: 240 kgs (530 lbs), 50 feet
Front squat: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Log clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Strict OHP: 85 kgs (187 lbs) 3 reps
Tyre flip: 260 kgs (573 lbs), 100 feet
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2011, 08:48 AM   #1642
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
Hey guys, my name is Daniel. I found this site by searching for information on old golden age routines designed for classic physique building. I found a lot of inspiration in the discussions on this forum about that topic. I have been lifting seriously for about one and a half years and have gone from 120lbs to 160lbs in the last 2 years.

I am currently on a very simple routine that I found on Classicphysiquebuilder.org and it is very simple: Do one set of each 3 times per week - Deads, Military press, Chins, weighted pushups, barbell rows, squats. Then I rest for 10 min. and do 20 min. of straight db snatches for conditioning.

My overall level of strength is low, but I'm gaining steadily all the time. Hopefully the participation in this forum will help me make the transition from a begginer to an intermediate lifter while maximizing my gains.

Cheers
Daniel
Welcome to the forum Daniel and congrats on the great progress. You have the persistence that it takes to reach any goal. The strength and muscle will come.

I hope you will consider starting up a training log. And don't hesitate to start threads if you have any questions.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Old 10-26-2011, 07:53 PM   #1643
tattooed redneck
New Brawn
Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 8
Fav Supp: arginine
tattooed redneck is off to a bad start

the names joe , been reading in here for a while. i'll update profile tommorow. but for now it's time to sleep.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:59 PM   #1644
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooed redneck View Post
the names joe , been reading in here for a while. i'll update profile tommorow. but for now it's time to sleep.
Welcome to the forum!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #1645
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Welcome aboard Joe.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #1646
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
welcome
Old 10-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #1647
Pit-Bull NS
Brawn
Points: 872, Level: 15 Points: 872, Level: 15 Points: 872, Level: 15

Pit-Bull NS is off to a good startPit-Bull NS is off to a good startPit-Bull NS is off to a good startPit-Bull NS is off to a good start
Default Little Bit About Pit-Bull NS

I wanted to just take a min out to tell little more about how Pit-Bull started and what we are doing.

The whole idea came from going to buy supplements made from other companys and looking at some of the cost and what was in them. Learning the labels, the ingredients, the blends all of it started about a year ago.

Everything was just launched recently because it took that long for us to get products we believed in and make them available at a decent rate. Everything from packaging to advertisements to the website if we could cut our cost of the stuff that should not matter then we all win.

What we looked at was how can we cut cost on things that do not really matter. For two major reasons, the more we spend the more it cost you and we wanted people to say you made me a believer.

I agree about how the supplement industry has a bad rep at times and we want to stand out from the rest.

This is something that we did research and did our homework on because we want it to be a success.

What we hope everyone will do when they use our product is judge it by whats important and that is the supplement itself. You do not need a superstar name, logo and flashy website to make something effective. We do not use the bedazzler to make it shiny we make a supplement that stands on its on.

We really do appreciate the chance that this forum has given us. If you have any questions please either post them, message me here or on facebook or even send an email to info@pitbullns.com
Old 10-31-2011, 06:58 PM   #1648
JTurner
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Hello all at MAB. I'm currently a student in Manchester, England. I spend the majority of my time eating and reading about training and far too little time studying but there's still time before exams yet.

I have trained for a few years now but the last year or so has definitely been the best progress I have ever made. My goal is strength and I am thinking about joining a PL federation for 2012 and competing.

I think coursework is calling.

JT
Old 10-31-2011, 06:59 PM   #1649
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

welcome JT
Old 10-31-2011, 07:00 PM   #1650
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurner View Post
Hello all at MAB. I'm currently a student in Manchester, England. I spend the majority of my time eating and reading about training and far too little time studying but there's still time before exams yet.

I have trained for a few years now but the last year or so has definitely been the best progress I have ever made. My goal is strength and I am thinking about joining a PL federation for 2012 and competing.

I think coursework is calling.

JT
Welcome to the forum JT. Hope you will consider starting up a training log, and making yourself at home.

Looking forward to seeing you smash your goals and then some.

Closed Thread