Muscle and Brawn Forums
 

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #1341
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
 
BendtheBar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 79,946
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
Reputation: 2584002
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Silverback View Post
greetings MAB community

I activated my account some time ago, figured it's high time to get involved anyways name is Gabe, I'm a strength athlete (powerlifter mainly) married with two kids who are picking up after their pop! I am co-owner of BFS Athletics of Texas, so I'm always surrounded by fitness and the likes! I write articles, am a member of Silverback Barbell....some may know me from work with Team BDU...anyways hit me up folks glad to finally be more active.
Welcome to the forum. We would love to feature your articles here and help you get more exposure. Send me a PM if interested.

Looking forward to learning more about your training.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."


BendtheBar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #1342
Mr.Silverback
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
 
Mr.Silverback's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,244
Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
Reputation: 183926
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member
Default

thanks Gaspers.
Mr.Silverback is online now  
Old 05-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #1343
Mr.Silverback
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
 
Mr.Silverback's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,244
Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
Reputation: 183926
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member
Default

Thanks BTB

I will start a log soon, I have some workouts to transfer from my phone as this is where I have been keeping them...LOL
Mr.Silverback is online now  
Old 05-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #1344
Chillen
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
 
Chillen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,926
Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Reputation: 142677
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Silverback View Post
greetings MAB community

I activated my account some time ago, figured it's high time to get involved anyways name is Gabe, I'm a strength athlete (powerlifter mainly) married with two kids who are picking up after their pop! I am co-owner of BFS Athletics of Texas, so I'm always surrounded by fitness and the likes! I write articles, am a member of Silverback Barbell....some may know me from work with Team BDU...anyways hit me up folks glad to finally be more active.
Welcome, Silverback. Wish you the best on all your goals! And, remember bro, you walk in special equipment everyday: You. This is all you need, my friend.

Rock on.

Best wishes,

Vitality!
__________________
Age: 53

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:


At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 05-22-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Chillen is online now  
Old 05-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #1345
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
T-Bone's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 1,603
Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Reputation: 31724
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine
Default Here goes the neighborhood

…Hey everyone T-bone here (some of you know me as Cuckoo from M&S), joined up for a change of pace back in January but only now getting around to introducing myself. Why the name change? I’ve learned so much in the last eight months from these forums, and have made lifting progressions beyond my expectations that I don’t feel like that same person anymore. I’m stronger and more confident…so, different forum, different name, and new start to another phase in my physical development! (Plus T-bone is an old nickname and former CB handle of mine, and it sounds less goofy!)

Intro proper: 45 yo male who was (or at least felt like) a skinny twerp since childhood. I started lifting weights in 1989 after college and lifted for years without really knowing what I was doing, but made some gains as a first timer.

Then, in 1994, with a new job, money in my pocket, my first apt. and lots of new friends, partying became a way of life and the gym went unvisited for years. I “reawakened” in 2005 when several of my friends were battling the serious problems and consequences of alcoholism and poor diet. That was not going to happen to me! I began hitting the gym again in May 2005 and haven’t looked back since, (although wine is still a favorite vice).

Goals: Increase strength and size. I’m not aiming for "massive", just a strong, well-muscled body to get me through old age. Looking forward to posting and making some new friends!

Jim
T-Bone is offline  
Old 05-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #1346
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
 
BendtheBar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 79,946
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
Reputation: 2584002
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default

Welcome to the forum T-Bone. Good to have you on board. Looking forward to learning more about your training, and seeing you smash your goals.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."


BendtheBar is offline  
Old 05-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #1347
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
T-Bone's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 1,603
Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Reputation: 31724
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Welcome to the forum T-Bone. Good to have you on board. Looking forward to learning more about your training, and seeing you smash your goals.
Thanks man, I'll be posting a few pics after the contest, don't want to ruin the surprise, hehe. I'll start a log too.
T-Bone is offline  
Old 05-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #1348
Abaddon
Strongman & Trainer
Max Brawn
Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
 
Abaddon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Iron Pit
Posts: 3,959
Training Exp: 5 years total
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Log Clean Press
Fav Supp: Meat & Milk
Reputation: 650
Abaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality posts
Default

Welcome Cuckoo.
__________________

W.A. AMATEUR STRONGMAN

MY LOG

PERSONAL RECORDS
Axle clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Bench press: 135 kgs (298 lbs) - 1st PL meet 16th October 2011
Deadlift w/Barbell: 180 kgs (397 lbs)
Deadlift w/Hexbar: 225 kgs (496 lbs)
Farmers walk: 240 kgs (530 lbs), 50 feet
Front squat: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Log clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Strict OHP: 85 kgs (187 lbs) 3 reps
Tyre flip: 260 kgs (573 lbs), 100 feet
Abaddon is offline  
Old 05-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #1349
Chillen
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
 
Chillen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,926
Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Reputation: 142677
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
…Hey everyone T-bone here (some of you know me as Cuckoo from M&S), joined up for a change of pace back in January but only now getting around to introducing myself. Why the name change? I’ve learned so much in the last eight months from these forums, and have made lifting progressions beyond my expectations that I don’t feel like that same person anymore. I’m stronger and more confident…so, different forum, different name, and new start to another phase in my physical development! (Plus T-bone is an old nickname and former CB handle of mine, and it sounds less goofy!)

Intro proper: 45 yo male who was (or at least felt like) a skinny twerp since childhood. I started lifting weights in 1989 after college and lifted for years without really knowing what I was doing, but made some gains as a first timer.

Then, in 1994, with a new job, money in my pocket, my first apt. and lots of new friends, partying became a way of life and the gym went unvisited for years. I “reawakened” in 2005 when several of my friends were battling the serious problems and consequences of alcoholism and poor diet. That was not going to happen to me! I began hitting the gym again in May 2005 and haven’t looked back since, (although wine is still a favorite vice).

Goals: Increase strength and size. I’m not aiming for "massive", just a strong, well-muscled body to get me through old age. Looking forward to posting and making some new friends!

Jim
Welcome T-bone!

You take care of your body, it will take care of you. Wish you the best in all that you want to do.
__________________
Age: 53

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:


At 162-168:
Chillen is online now  
Old 05-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #1350
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
T-Bone's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 1,603
Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Reputation: 31724
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Welcome Cuckoo.
Thanks Abaddon, nice to re-make your acquaintance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitality! View Post
Welcome T-bone!

You take care of your body, it will take care of you. Wish you the best in all that you want to do.
Thank you Vitality.
T-Bone is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
introduce, introduce yourself


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just wanted to introduce myself chess315 Introduce Yourself 20 02-26-2013 02:57 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.