Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Hey there! (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13945)

1Strength 06-05-2013 03:28 AM

Hey there!

I just wanted to give a shout out and say hi to everyone! :)

markievicz 06-05-2013 04:01 AM

welcome to MAB

1Strength 06-05-2013 04:05 AM

EliteDreams 06-05-2013 03:37 PM

Hey there deadlift dude.

JBrown 06-05-2013 03:43 PM

Just browsing I noticed you pull 500+ without a belt. May I be so bold to ask what routines you've used, or experimented with? Sure would be neat to read how you transitioned from program to program getting there, to the big numbers.

Either way, welcome, and hello:)

1Strength 06-05-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EliteDreams (Post 371562)
Hey there deadlift dude.

Hello :) Thanks for the warm welcome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBrown (Post 371564)
Just browsing I noticed you pull 500+ without a belt. May I be so bold to ask what routines you've used, or experimented with? Sure would be neat to read how you transitioned from program to program getting there, to the big numbers.

Either way, welcome, and hello:)

Thank you for the welcome!

I'm getting back to 500+ again but yeah: I'm a dude who pulls 500+ week in and week out and DL's twice a week for the most part.

I've never done routines. For the last 58 months (1 mesocycle = 1 month approx) I have been training. My mentor Eric of GUS has instilled in me the value of not cycling through programs but having my training evolve.

The short version is, and I practice this with the people training under me too, is to work within a weight range, master it, and then bump up the weight range. So most programs want you to work up to triples then doubles then singles - we like to make singles into doubles and doubles into triples.

JBrown 06-05-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Strength (Post 371571)
Hello :) Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thank you for the welcome!

I'm getting back to 500+ again but yeah: I'm a dude who pulls 500+ week in and week out and DL's twice a week for the most part.

I've never done routines. For the last 58 months (1 mesocycle = 1 month approx) I have been training. My mentor Eric of GUS has instilled in me the value of not cycling through programs but having my training evolve.

The short version is, and I practice this with the people training under me too, is to work within a weight range, master it, and then bump up the weight range. So most programs want you to work up to triples then doubles then singles - we like to make singles into doubles and doubles into triples.

:dunno2:

Rather turn crap into gold coins:thefinger:

haha, j/k, sounds like you "guys" aren't in any hurry to add weight, unlike a lot of people who get ahead of themselves, and then fail miserably.

Cheers buddy!

1Strength 06-05-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBrown (Post 371582)
:dunno2:

Rather turn crap into gold coins:thefinger:

haha, j/k, sounds like you "guys" aren't in any hurry to add weight, unlike a lot of people who get ahead of themselves, and then fail miserably.

Cheers buddy!

Hey I didn't want to come across as sounding facetious but I don't do routines. We use progression schemes like SDT, Singles scene, consolidation cycle, QVT, etc etc but the basic gist is to build a strong foundation at a particular weight range and then to bump it up to the next level.

I am not in a race and I'm not competing for anything so I got no qualms taking my time.

Hunterace 06-06-2013 09:03 AM

Welcome :)!

brad1224 06-06-2013 10:06 AM

welcome to the boards