Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Kickboxer from Ireland (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13105)

syn 03-28-2013 12:13 PM

Kickboxer from Ireland

Hi all

I came here through BeardedBeastofDuloc's youtube channel.
Seem like a great forum.

A few things about me

I'm 30 from Dublin,Ireland
from my early 20's to my late 20's I let myself get into bad shape,
Started lifting about 2&half years ago, I did strong-lifts 5x5, got bigger & stronger, Then took up kickboxing, had a couple of novice fights.

at present I'm trying decide weather I should dedicate my time to weights only & add some decent size to my frame

or split the difference between strength & kickboxing.

I want to pick a goal and work backwards.

looking forward to reading/posting here

5kgLifter 03-28-2013 12:15 PM

Hi :)

brad1224 03-28-2013 12:16 PM

Welcome. We are here to help with anything you need so just ask away. i don't kick box but i love lifting so i would go with lifting ahaha, but like i said i don't kick box. you should prob split the difference because I'm sure strength will help you with your kick boxing

syn 03-28-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad1224 (Post 343369)
Welcome. We are here to help with anything you need so just ask away. i don't kick box but i love lifting so i would go with lifting ahaha, but like i said i don't kick box. you should prob split the difference because I'm sure strength will help you with your kick boxing

Thanks man! Ill be asking about lifting!

I'm edging towards weight training being my main Hobby &
thinking of giving up Kickboxing (or at least cutting back & training casually for fun,and not competition)
Finding it hard to recover - I thinks it a younger mans game, and I have tonnes of Niggling injury's that are making it less enjoyable

Ps, you look Huge in your avatar! so I'll trust your advice!

markievicz 03-28-2013 12:29 PM

Welcome to MAB, get a training log going

leefarley 03-28-2013 12:42 PM

welcome

brad1224 03-28-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syn (Post 343372)
Thanks man! Ill be asking about lifting!

I'm edging towards weight training being my main Hobby &
thinking of giving up Kickboxing (or at least cutting back & training casually for fun,and not competition)
Finding it hard to recover - I thinks it a younger mans game, and I have tonnes of Niggling injury's that are making it less enjoyable

Ps, you look Huge in your avatar! so I'll trust your advice!

ya i mean i don't know much about kickboxing but personally i would just like to know i can do it then use it if i needed it in a fight or something then focus on strength training because you can do that daily and if you have nagging injuries you can always work around them.

thanks man i don't kick box but i do lift ha:rockon:

big_swede 03-28-2013 01:01 PM

Welcome! Keep the kickboxing!

Hunterace 03-28-2013 01:56 PM

Welcome :)

syn 03-28-2013 06:36 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes guys.
Ill start a log soon.

Not really sure about what path to follow, so i will post about that soon