Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Old 03-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
marbleminstrel
New Brawn
Points: 771, Level: 14 Points: 771, Level: 14 Points: 771, Level: 14
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

marbleminstrel is off to a good startmarbleminstrel is off to a good startmarbleminstrel is off to a good start
Default Westisde for skinny bast*rds part 3

I was watching a Bearded Beast of Duloc video where he said choose any program and do it for a year. I did stronglifts for a while before this and increased my weight and my lifts but stalled out eventually. I was wondering should I do Westisde for skinny bast*rds part 3 for a year. Thanks. Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited by marbleminstrel; 03-21-2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: misinformation
marbleminstrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
northernbulk
Max Brawn
Points: 710, Level: 14 Points: 710, Level: 14 Points: 710, Level: 14
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: bench
Fav Supp: Whey iso
northernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributor

Did you change your rep range?
Old 03-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
marbleminstrel
New Brawn
Points: 771, Level: 14 Points: 771, Level: 14 Points: 771, Level: 14

marbleminstrel is off to a good startmarbleminstrel is off to a good startmarbleminstrel is off to a good start

Not on stronglifts, but one or two odd programs in between.
marbleminstrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
northernbulk
Max Brawn
Points: 710, Level: 14 Points: 710, Level: 14 Points: 710, Level: 14
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: bench
Fav Supp: Whey iso
northernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributor

whats your goals?
Old 03-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #5
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Tournaments Won: 9

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Seems like a drastic change. You are going from squatting heavy three times a week to squatting heavy once a week. Might be fine if you have progressed above squatting three times a week, but maybe a routine which has you squatting twice a week might be a better transition.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #6
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernbulk View Post
whats your goals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Seems like a drastic change. You are going from squatting heavy three times a week to squatting heavy once a week. Might be fine if you have progressed above squatting three times a week, but maybe a routine which has you squatting twice a week might be a better transition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleminstrel View Post
I was watching a Bearded Beast of Duloc video where he said choose any program and do it for a year. I did stronglifts for a while before this and increased my weight and my lifts but stalled out eventually. I was wondering should I do Westisde for skinny bast*rds part 3 for a year. Thanks. Any info would be appreciated.
don't mean to be a dick, but you're all missing BBoD's point. if you're accepting his challenge, just choose any program you like and follow it for a year. when the weights get too heavy -- you won't ever have infinite linear progression! -- back off and reset to a lighter weight. and if you're truly accepting his challenge, that's it: end of discussion. lol the whole point was to eliminate all of these questions about "What beginner program should I do?," but you're asking "what beginner program should i do?" Remember that BBoD also made a video about programs, and his message was "the problem isn't the program, the problem is you." You're saying "stronglifts" "didn't work"? But you didn't reset the weights you were using when you stalled, did you? Stalling happens eventually; deal with it in a rational way, not by program hopping. Time to eat, lift, eat, sleep, and repeat!

Last edited by SecondsOut; 03-21-2013 at 07:45 PM.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #7
Off Road
Max Brawn

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
don't mean to be a dick, but you're all missing BBoD's point. if you're accepting his challenge, just choose any program you like and follow it for a year. ... lol the whole point was to eliminate all of these questions about "What beginner program should I do?," but you're asking "what beginner program should i do?" Remember that BBoD also made a video about programs, and his message was "the problem isn't the program, the problem is you."
I don't mean to be a dick either, but you can't answer every question with "What The Bearded Beast Says." BtB knows I'm a big fan of his, but I doubt he'd ever meant for his blog to be the last word on training. In fact he actively encourages the exchange of ideas here at MaB. BtB and I see eye to eye on about 90% of training, and the other 10% really doesn't matter that much. I'm sure even BtB recognizes the need for change every now and then. The dogmatic "Stick to a routine" is to get new lifters to recognize the importance of consistency, not driving your training into dust.

Last edited by Off Road; 03-21-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #8
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I don't mean to be a dick either, but you can't answer every question with "What The Bearded Beast Says." BtB knows I'm a big fan of his, but I doubt he'd ever meant for his blog to be the last word on training. In fact he actively encourages the exchange of ideas here at MaB. BtB and I see eye to eye on about 90% of training, and the other 10% really doesn't matter that much. I'm sure even BtB recognizes the need for change every now and then. The dogmatic "Stick to a routine" is to get new lifters to recognize the importance of consistency, not driving your training into dust.
instead of instantly butting heads with me just because it's me and i seem to rub you the wrong way, i suggest you watch the video in question. he's very emphatic and clear about what he means. i believe it was posted this week.
besides, you're putting words in my mouth. i didn't say he's the last word on training. i said IF you're going to follow what he says, then you just do the program for a year, you don't program hop. asking questions like "which program should i do?" is counter to his message in that video, which you don't seem to have watched but are making assumptions about.

Last edited by SecondsOut; 03-21-2013 at 08:12 PM.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #9
Off Road
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
i suggest you watch the video in question. he's very emphatic and clear about what he means. i believe it was posted this week.
And would watching his video blog make my suggestion to the OP invalid for some reason?
Old 03-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #10
Off Road
Max Brawn

And I'm not butting heads with you, I'm standing up for my right to give my own responses and think for myself.