Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > General > General Board > Introduce Yourself
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself to the Muscle and Brawn Community

Old 03-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
ramongws
Points: 89, Level: 1 Points: 89, Level: 1 Points: 89, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 9
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Bears
Fav Supp: Testoblast by SSN
ramongws is off to a bad start
Exclamation Advice

Morning,

I am new to this site. I have been training for years now but ive never attempted a disciplined workout and diet.

I have now purchased the following products;

[*]Dymatize Power Mass[*]Purus Labs Condense Pre-Workout[*]Purus Labs Organ Shield[*]Purus Labs Halovar[*]Dark Matter Post Workout[*]SSN Testoblast[*]Purus Labs Muscle Marinade

Any advice on these products and a suitable diet and training program. I am currently 96kg and would ideally like to be at 108kg muscle by September.

Any opinions will be appreciated.
ramongws is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Welcome to the forum. To be blunt, you need to worry about your training and diet first and purchasing supps later. Stick around these forums, you will get the answers you need.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramongws View Post

Any advice on these products and a suitable diet and training program. I am currently 96kg and would ideally like to be at 108kg muscle by September.

Any opinions will be appreciated.
My opinion is that this rate of weight gain is slightly too aggressive, unless you're trying to gain for football. For muscle building anything more than 20-24 pounds during year one is going to be more fat.

I would get that diet zeroed in, train like a beast for strength, and aim for 20-22 pounds your first year after you start rolling.

15 pounds of muscle is about the max a natural can build their first year, unless they are underweight. And you do not appear to be underweight.

Pick a decent program and work it hard for a year.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 03-11-2013 at 10:50 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:15 AM   #4
ramongws
Points: 89, Level: 1 Points: 89, Level: 1 Points: 89, Level: 1

Training Exp: 9
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Bears
Fav Supp: Testoblast by SSN
ramongws is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
My opinion is that this rate of weight gain is slightly too aggressive, unless you're trying to gain for football. For muscle building anything more than 20-24 pounds during year one is going to be more fat.

I would get that diet zeroed in, train like a beast for strength, and aim for 20-22 pounds your first year after you start rolling.

15 pounds of muscle is about the max a natural can build their first year, unless they are underweight. And you do not appear to be underweight.

Pick a decent program and much it hard for a year.
much obliged brother, i appreciate the input, it makes sense!
ramongws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #5
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

DO NOT TAKE HALOVAR. Halovar is a type of oral steriod called a prohormone. It's an anabolic steriod. You have no business at all taking this unless you've been training for at LEAST 5 years and are over 25 years old. The organ shield is to be taken along with prohormones to help negate their bad effects on the liver and kidneys. You don't need that either.

Stop worrying about supplements. You've never stuck to a single consistent training plan, yet you've spent all this money on supplements, most of which are useless. You can't buy muscles. You can only earn them.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #6
Mr.Silverback
Max Brawn
Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member

Just my thoughts, keep your supplements simple and your food plenty. Focus more on being consistent and you will see the gains you desire.
CHECK OUT MY 1ST EBOOK
http://www.stronglife610.org
Mr.Silverback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
brad1224
Max Brawn
Points: 5,286, Level: 46 Points: 5,286, Level: 46 Points: 5,286, Level: 46

brad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machine

honestly diet and a good routine before you start messing with supplements...esp the halovar its a prohormone like soldier said

***AAEFX REP***

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com
brad1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Putting supplements before training and nutrition is never a good sign. That's thinking backwards. I've seen it many times and it never ends up giving the lifter what they really need. Reverse your thinking now and reap the benefits.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #9
northernbulk
Max Brawn
Points: 710, Level: 14 Points: 710, Level: 14 Points: 710, Level: 14

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: bench
Fav Supp: Whey iso
northernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributor

I think jbyrd made a football strength video check it out and the best advice i can give you is make a log and routine put what muscle your working out that day on your calender for the whole month and cross it off once you have done it, put it on your wall so you wake up every morning and see what you need to do for that day. It has worked for me hope it helps.
northernbulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #10
schrebra
New Brawn
Points: 243, Level: 4 Points: 243, Level: 4 Points: 243, Level: 4
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 1 year
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Creatine
schrebra has made some good postsschrebra has made some good postsschrebra has made some good postsschrebra has made some good postsschrebra has made some good postsschrebra has made some good postsschrebra has made some good postsschrebra has made some good posts

I gained a ton of muscle without buying into supplements my first year. Then test each supplement to your need to know if its really effective for you. I only take creatine and protein and have great results to show for it.

Time + Hard work = Results
schrebra is offline   Reply With Quote