Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Powerlifting in the UK (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12619)

IainK 02-23-2013 02:54 PM

Powerlifting in the UK

Aloha all.

A powerlifter from the UK here. Joined the forum after seeing it linked on the BBOD vids and figured I needed another place to kill time inbetween work, training and faimly! :)

I have been lifting for 20 years in one form of another. Been powerlifting since '06. I lift as in the 90s or 93s dependent on fed (BDFPA and GBPF). I have a PhD. in exercise physiology, but atm I work shouting at kids in a secondary school when their teacher isn't there!

Outside of lifting I enjoy rock and heavy metal.... long walks in the park and holding hands :) lol

All the best.

BendtheBar 02-23-2013 03:11 PM

Welcome to the forum Iain. We have quite a few UK powerlifters here. Make yourself at home.

Quote:

Outside of lifting I enjoy rock and heavy metal.... long walks in the park and holding hands lol
I like taking long walks with Slayer songs and smashing PRs.

IainK 02-23-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 328428)
Welcome to the forum Iain. We have quite a few UK powerlifters here. Make yourself at home.

I like taking long walks with Slayer songs and smashing PRs.

You have a date anytime sir!

Tannhauser 02-23-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IainK (Post 328425)
Aloha all.

A powerlifter from the UK here. Joined the forum after seeing it linked on the BBOD vids and figured I needed another place to kill time inbetween work, training and faimly! :)

I have been lifting for 20 years in one form of another. Been powerlifting since '06. I lift as in the 90s or 93s dependent on fed (BDFPA and GBPF). I have a PhD. in exercise physiology, but atm I work shouting at kids in a secondary school when their teacher isn't there!

Outside of lifting I enjoy rock and heavy metal.... long walks in the park and holding hands :) lol

All the best.

Ah, Mr. Kendrick. I've been expecting you.

How are you?

IainK 02-23-2013 04:52 PM

I am very good Mr C :) Good meet at the start of this year. BDFPA Brits in April and GBPF Brits in Oct.

Hope you are well and fit, with training going good?

This looks a good place. Lots of good threads about from just a quick glance. Only heard of it recently. Tempted to put a log here. However I know that 3 logs on different forums I find hard to do. May still give it a bash.

Fazc 02-23-2013 05:00 PM

Fucks sake, not this guy.

Fazc 02-23-2013 05:01 PM

Lol, welcome Iain mate :)

For the rest of the board, he is powerlifter extraordinaire and heavy metal enthusiast so should fit in well!

LtL 02-23-2013 05:01 PM

Good to see you here Iain.

Al

IainK 02-23-2013 05:09 PM

lol Faz!

Thanks LtL.

Got alot of mooching around here. Really big forum in terms of sections and stickies etc. Looks like toones of great info.

Very cool.... well apart from Faz. Do people know he lenjoys a big brown **** at sunrise? lol

[will that joke translate on a US site and to those whom don't know what pets he has?]

Fazc 02-23-2013 05:13 PM

They all know about my various pets!

And this isn't UKMuscle or whatever site you mod, the tables are turned here old man!