Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nutrition, Diet and Supplements (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bamazav is becoming a Juggernaut (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12203)

bamazav 01-14-2013 05:09 PM

Bamazav is becoming a Juggernaut
 
Thank you to Jordansart and Infinite Labs for giving me the opportunity to try and log about Juggernaut Pre-workout.

http://store.bbcomcdn.com/deploy/ima...ain-banner.jpg

http://www.infinitelabs.com/images/p...naut_Label.jpg

I train fasted typically. Today was a little odd as I was thrown off my usual schedule. I had a protein shake about 30 minutes before I took Juggernaut. I mixed my Juggernaut with slightly over 6 oz of water. I was sent Crimson Punch to try, it was a great choice for me. It mixed easily in my shaker and tasted light and smooth. My first test of pre-workouts is how does it affect my bowels. Many I have tried stimulate the wrong areas of my body. Juggernaut did no such thing. That is +1 in my book. The taste was very pleasant and easy to take, there was not the strong powdery taste or fishy smell of some products. The powder was very fine, making it mix easy.

I felt very focused throughout the workout. I was able to work very quickly and efficiently. Since I am also starting a new rep/set scheme I am not able, yet, to address pump, strength and fatigue. As for Day 1, I really like this product. Here is today's session.

THE WORK

Squats
2 x 3 x 205
8 x 3 x 185
DB Pullovers
10 x 5 x 20

Hip Thrusters
3 x 10 x 95

Bench Press
10 x 3 x 125

Chins
5 x 3 x BW (197.4 this AM)

BHNP
3 x 10 x 95

NOTES
I was looking forward to today's session. I wanted to experiment with rep scheme. I had to take my son to his doctor's appointment this morning so that pushed my session back until noon. I am giving Juggernaut a try as my pre-workout. With that taken, I set about the work.

Squats - Was ambitious and started using 205, but realized I probably was not going to get 10 sets with that weight. Not being sure what to expect I backed down to 185 and plan to add 5 lbs on Friday. I felt like I actually got stronger as the sets went along, though I started to feel the work about an hour after the session

Hip Thrusts - Will add some weight next time and will also move these to before the squats. My goal is to try to induce better glute activation overall and it has been suggested to do these before the squats to help bring this about. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Bench - May have actually started these too light. I was unsure what to expect from the 10 x 3 scheme. I worked really fast with rest being only long enough to enter into my log and then throw the ball for the dog. I will add weight on Friday.

Chins - Rather than adding reps, I will be adding sets to these until I can get to 10 x 3. I will add one set next time.

BHNP - Today was a lighter shoulder day. I will do the BHNP 10 x 3 on Wednesday along with the deadlifts.

Day 1 of Juggernaut was a win in my book. Looking forward to giving this a test in the coming days.

old_dude 01-14-2013 09:07 PM

I usually workout fasted in the morning as well. I understand your other "concerns".

Beginning on your second week is usually when most notice the full effects of the Agmatine.

Good luck!

bamazav 01-14-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_dude (Post 312261)
I usually workout fasted in the morning as well. I understand your other "concerns".

Beginning on your second week is usually when most notice the full effects of the Agmatine.

Good luck!

So far so good. Do you recommend every day usage or just on training days?

Credz 01-15-2013 06:48 AM

Awesome man! Good Luck On the log! I know you will enjoy the product! I workout fasted every day too. I use Juggernaut HP every day :) Great way to start the morning lol

old_dude 01-16-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamazav (Post 312315)
So far so good. Do you recommend every day usage or just on training days?

A familiar question....

Personal Choice:
1) It's a pre-workout, I only need it on workout days
2) Use it daily to increase your Creatine and Agmatine levels

FWIW, I take Juggernaut HP (similar profile) daily.

bamazav 01-16-2013 12:05 PM

1/16/13 Dog House Training
 
Yesterday I took a dose of Juggernaut to start the day. Nothing to note, other than I seemed a bit more focused. I didn't even notice the Beta Alanine tingle.

Today was a little different. Noticed teh tingle quickly. After my quick session, i noticed my chest was flushed, much like it gets when I have nutmeg (mild allergy). Nothing to fear. Was very focused and moved quickly. Shortened day, still I finished session in about 40 minutes. Moved fast, kept rests short. had good focus and strength. No ill stomach or bowel effects.


The 10 x 3 Experiment


THE WORK

Rack Deadlifts
5 x 3 x 275

Behind the Neck Press
10 x 3 x 125

Floor Press
4 x 6 x 115

Tricep bar Curls
3 x 10 x 50 Plate Weight Only

NOTES
Today was short but effective. Busy day, busy week. Rests were kept short, long enough to log and throw the duck for the dog. Usually 30 seconds or less.

Rack Deads - Went in thinking I would do 10 x 3 at 80% of my 1 RM. Probably could have done so, but I am still dealing with DOMs from Monday in my back so I didn't push it this week.

BHNP - 80% of 1RM is tougher than it looks. Good shoulder work.

Floor Presses - Not a 10 x 3 because I did Bench that style on Monday and will again on Friday. Next week I will flip flop and do BHNP on Monday and Friday with Bench on Wednesday. Trying to keep shoulders from acting up.

Tricep Bar Curls - The neutral grip is wrist friendly so I went with it. I will add weight as this was a lot lighter than I last remember. Does that mean I am getting stronger? hmmm.

Here is the basic protocol I am working right now:
10 x 3 on my big compounds. As I stated above, I will be doing Bench and BHNP in flip flop style each week. So every 14 days both will be hit with a 10 x 3 at least 3 times. I will squat on Monday and Friday and do these as 10 x 3. The 10 x 3 will start between 70 & 80 % of 1 RM with weight being added next session if all ten sets are hit cleanly.

Accessory work will be done in either 4 x 6 at 60 - 70% or, for the smaller muscles like biceps, triceps and calves, 10 - 20 reps.

Rest and reps will be done quickly but clean.

That is it, easy peasy. Let's see what happens.

bamazav 01-16-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_dude (Post 312895)
A familiar question....

Personal Choice:
1) It's a pre-workout, I only need it on workout days
2) Use it daily to increase your Creatine and Agmatine levels

FWIW, I take Juggernaut HP (similar profile) daily.

See above.

old_dude 01-16-2013 04:40 PM

Got it. The BA tingles are normal, but you seem to already know that. Sounds like the Juggernaut is working.

bamazav 01-16-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_dude (Post 313099)
Got it. The BA tingles are normal, but you seem to already know that. Sounds like the Juggernaut is working.

LOL, I am actually quite fond of the tingles. As I get older, I enjoy any time I tingle. Seriously though, I am a big proponent of the efficacy of Beta alanine.

Credz 01-16-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamazav (Post 313012)
Yesterday I took a dose of Juggernaut to start the day. Nothing to note, other than I seemed a bit more focused. I didn't even notice the Beta Alanine tingle.

Today was a little different. Noticed teh tingle quickly. After my quick session, i noticed my chest was flushed, much like it gets when I have nutmeg (mild allergy). Nothing to fear. Was very focused and moved quickly. Shortened day, still I finished session in about 40 minutes. Moved fast, kept rests short. had good focus and strength. No ill stomach or bowel effects.


The 10 x 3 Experiment


THE WORK

Rack Deadlifts
5 x 3 x 275

Behind the Neck Press
10 x 3 x 125

Floor Press
4 x 6 x 115

Tricep bar Curls
3 x 10 x 50 Plate Weight Only

NOTES
Today was short but effective. Busy day, busy week. Rests were kept short, long enough to log and throw the duck for the dog. Usually 30 seconds or less.

Rack Deads - Went in thinking I would do 10 x 3 at 80% of my 1 RM. Probably could have done so, but I am still dealing with DOMs from Monday in my back so I didn't push it this week.

BHNP - 80% of 1RM is tougher than it looks. Good shoulder work.

Floor Presses - Not a 10 x 3 because I did Bench that style on Monday and will again on Friday. Next week I will flip flop and do BHNP on Monday and Friday with Bench on Wednesday. Trying to keep shoulders from acting up.

Tricep Bar Curls - The neutral grip is wrist friendly so I went with it. I will add weight as this was a lot lighter than I last remember. Does that mean I am getting stronger? hmmm.

Here is the basic protocol I am working right now:
10 x 3 on my big compounds. As I stated above, I will be doing Bench and BHNP in flip flop style each week. So every 14 days both will be hit with a 10 x 3 at least 3 times. I will squat on Monday and Friday and do these as 10 x 3. The 10 x 3 will start between 70 & 80 % of 1 RM with weight being added next session if all ten sets are hit cleanly.

Accessory work will be done in either 4 x 6 at 60 - 70% or, for the smaller muscles like biceps, triceps and calves, 10 - 20 reps.

Rest and reps will be done quickly but clean.

That is it, easy peasy. Let's see what happens.

Definitely putting in some good work man :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.