Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How do you get your kids to work out? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9915)

soccermom 05-09-2012 01:29 PM

How do you get your kids to work out?

I have 3 kids and exercise is important to me to make sure that each of them get it. All 3 of my kids are out for sports. Two are out for soccer, and the other likes tennis. they all play baseball in the summer and all are on a bowling league in the winter months. How do you make sure your kids are getting enough physical activity?

BendtheBar 05-09-2012 01:50 PM

Make it fun. My kids love to go on hikes, bike rides, play tag, or go to the local sport's complex and get crazy.

Off Road 05-09-2012 02:22 PM

Simply playing those sports, with all the practices and the games should be enough exercise for them for right now. As they become more competetive they may want the edge that regular fitness training provides. At that time you can introduce them to strength training and the benefits it will have on their athletic performance. You should never persuade a kid to workout, it should be their idea or it takes the fun out of it.

glwanabe 05-09-2012 03:24 PM

Sell all of their video games. Move to the country, and have them work the farm you bought when you moved to the country.

Build a house with a fireplace as heat, and have them cut and stack wood for the winter.

ECT.

big valsalva 05-09-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glwanabe (Post 239985)
Sell all of their video games. Move to the country, and have them work the farm you bought when you moved to the country.

Build a house with a fireplace as heat, and have them cut and stack wood for the winter.

ECT.

Post of the Year.

I just might do that myself.

5kgLifter 05-09-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccermom (Post 239951)
I have 3 kids and exercise is important to me to make sure that each of them get it. All 3 of my kids are out for sports. Two are out for soccer, and the other likes tennis. they all play baseball in the summer and all are on a bowling league in the winter months. How do you make sure your kids are getting enough physical activity?

As long as kids are encouraged to get out and about, on a dialy basis, and play with friends or alone, they should be getting plenty of physical activity.

The fact that your kids are all in to sports would indicate they are already getting enough exercise.

TitanCT 05-09-2012 05:26 PM

chase them with a chainsaw!!
no, i think 5kg summed it perfectly.

mikethemighty 05-09-2012 06:33 PM

Swimming is a great way to get some family exercise. Or an obstacle course would be a great way to let them exercise and have fun at the same time.

hardgainerTOM 05-10-2012 11:56 AM

Relay races are a great way for kids to work out and have fun. They do not even see it as exercise.

bruteforce 05-10-2012 11:58 AM

Kids, if left to their own devices out doors, will usually get plenty of exercise. They'll run around, scream, climb on things, jump off them. Let them do it unless they'll end up with permanent injury. The occasional broken bone is part of growing up.