Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!
Default compression for lifting

A good friend of mine who often does marathons and half marathons had been telling me about the various things that runners use to keep blood circulation going. It ranges from socks, to sleeves, to shorts. Has anyone used any of these? Have you found any benefit? It looks promising to me, and am willing to try it out for my hamstrings. There are lots of sites to pick from, but I found this one to have a nice selection. i will update this thread as I find more......

Opinions?!?!?!

2XU Compression Clothing - Increased Performance and Improved Recovery

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Anything to wear more gear eh?

I really like the compression from suits/wraps it's what's allowed me to train heavily again after a hamstring injury a few years back. Even minor amounts of compression around my knee seems to help my form and ability to Squat. Briefs allow me to Squat wider, which is generally safer for my knees and back too.

So yeah, I'm all for it.

Weirdly enough, I was looking at some studies regarding strength and muscle recommendations and ran across a couple of studies looking at compression as a way of increasing muscle and strength. Just the fact that the muscles were compressed while lifting actually got the participants stronger for some reason. Strange huh.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
J_Byrd
Max Brawn

J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Anything to wear more gear eh?

I really like the compression from suits/wraps it's what's allowed me to train heavily again after a hamstring injury a few years back. Even minor amounts of compression around my knee seems to help my form and ability to Squat. Briefs allow me to Squat wider, which is generally safer for my knees and back too.

So yeah, I'm all for it.

Weirdly enough, I was looking at some studies regarding strength and muscle recommendations and ran across a couple of studies looking at compression as a way of increasing muscle and strength. Just the fact that the muscles were compressed while lifting actually got the participants stronger for some reason. Strange huh.
haha!!! actually this is more or less about wearing less gear and just the compression. You wouldnt happen to have a link to the studies do you?

Proudly sponsored by

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
Old 05-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
JTurner
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

I've seen a bit of it recently, mainly from Mark Bell and the Supertraining video's.
I've recently bought some compression shorts for squatting but only had 2 sessions in them so not got a full opinion but I'm a fan so far.

Just wanted to reply because if you do go for the 2XU stuff I know Mark Bell was putting out a discount code with free delivery and money off orders from them in the US.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Compression Sock minimises muscle fatigue and soreness, enabling faster muscle recovery after exercise or injury. It manages to achieve this by reducing the build-up of lactic acid, accelerating blood circulation and preventing muscle oscillation.The graduated compression accelerates blood circulation, aiding muscle recovery and reducing toxins.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by 5kgLifter; 05-08-2012 at 12:32 PM.
5kgLifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
J_Byrd
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurner View Post
Just wanted to reply because if you do go for the 2XU stuff I know Mark Bell was putting out a discount code with free delivery and money off orders from them in the US.
Where can I find them?

Proudly sponsored by

Old 05-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
JTurner
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
Where can I find them?
http://supertraining.tv/2012/03/supe...io-commentary/

PFT0100 is the code, should be 10% off and free shipping. Can't promise that it's still active but worth a try.