Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #11
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Really good article and I also agree with 5kg.
I think losing fat is 75% diet and 25% workout. And I think gaining muscle is 75% weight progression and 25% diet. Those percentages are aproximates and not actual figures.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 07:45 AM   #12
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

I have dealt with enough people in life during my career as a LEO, and manager of multimillion dollar business properties, to know that people respond, favorably, to different types of communication.

One sometimes needs to be a very good communicator to bring the best out of people, and bring out their potential, because sometimes some people are not able to do this on their own accord.

Lyle's approach in the article, suites me though. I want the bare bones truth, and not a lot of fluff--this gives me the tools I need to see the end of the winding road in my journey, and allows for certain destinations (goals), though it may not be the final destination in the journey of life (additional goals as I move along).

Being in the military years ago, taught me some wonderful things. One thing it taught me is that we can do more than.....we...think we are able to, especially when pushed by another (say, a DI, or trainer). But, in life.....what if this person you are depending on to motivate you doesn't show up or is lost somehow, as you work through the complexities of life?

Well, there is one body that is always there, ready and willing......yours....

Its just that the light must be on upstairs.

PERIOD.

Sometimes a fitness goal is like bobbing for apples. Sometimes you get it, and sometimes we do not. Nothing wrong, keep on rocking with seeking and searching, and one will get it. It's when you take your head out of the water, when its over.

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 05-07-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #13
SeventySeven
Max Brawn
Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 1 year+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Xtend
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine

Is there a link
Old 05-23-2012, 12:20 AM   #14
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventySeven View Post
Is there a link
Here is a link to a lot of information from Lyle, covering a vast array of different topics.

I hope this is okay, with Steve to post this link.

Articles | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

The specific article related to this thread, is in this set.

Peace and happiness to you.

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote