Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
notzyzz

notzyzz is off to a bad start
Default Bottled or tap

Which do you prefer? I do not much care for bottled water. Feel it has a taste to it. I would much rather have tap water.
notzyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Our tap water is nasty out here. Very hard. I filter everything. We have a well but I filter that too.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
Off Road
Max Brawn

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I drink both well water and bottled water. My well water tastes pretty good and it's been tested and I filter it. But we also keep a big jug of bottled water in the fridge for when you really want a cold drink.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
Jen
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Started 3/23/12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift :)
Fav Supp: Coffee
Jen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Our tap water is nasty out here. Very hard. I filter everything. We have a well but I filter that too.
We have a well too and a water softener. The softener makes a big difference for the better!

Personally I am addicted to "Pure American" water from Wal Mart. Zero caffeine, calories, and sodium, AND it tastes great!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

My well water tastes horrible, we have a softner system but its just not to my liking. I only drink bottled water, but I work for a bottle water factory for the last 9 years and the water is free. So I'm sure I just have become used to the "taste". But it really just depends on what brands your drinking also, my company makes several types, some I like some I don't, its just another supplement in the industry of health. Do you need it, meh that's up to each individual to decide.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
My well water tastes horrible, we have a softner system but its just not to my liking.
Same. We have a water softener, but the water will still turn our shower curtains orange in 2 weeks and destroy our pots and pans.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Ours doesnt do that any more, it's actually pretty sweet. No filters or salt, one tank does the whole house and I never have to mess with it.

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

I drink both and don't mind either; we used to live on an island with 98 inhabitants where the water was naturally filtered through peat and was a nasty dark brown colour even when you ran the bath or poured it into a clear glass; it didn't taste great and I would have happily resorted to bottled water had we been able to get hold of it.

It was really soft water though and cleared the limescale in the kettle and washing machine within days
Old 04-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #9
fatcar
New Brawn

fatcar is off to a bad start

I use a Brita pitcher and it makes our water taste so good.
fatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #10
Ryano
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

Water...Oh....I thought this thread was about beer. My bad.