Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bottled or tap (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9594)

notzyzz 04-09-2012 01:33 PM

Bottled or tap

Which do you prefer? I do not much care for bottled water. Feel it has a taste to it. I would much rather have tap water.

BendtheBar 04-09-2012 01:40 PM

Our tap water is nasty out here. Very hard. I filter everything. We have a well but I filter that too.

Off Road 04-09-2012 01:45 PM

I drink both well water and bottled water. My well water tastes pretty good and it's been tested and I filter it. But we also keep a big jug of bottled water in the fridge for when you really want a cold drink.

Jen 04-09-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 231229)
Our tap water is nasty out here. Very hard. I filter everything. We have a well but I filter that too.

We have a well too and a water softener. The softener makes a big difference for the better!

Personally I am addicted to "Pure American" water from Wal Mart. Zero caffeine, calories, and sodium, AND it tastes great!

rippednmichigan 04-09-2012 02:02 PM

My well water tastes horrible, we have a softner system but its just not to my liking. I only drink bottled water, but I work for a bottle water factory for the last 9 years and the water is free. So I'm sure I just have become used to the "taste". But it really just depends on what brands your drinking also, my company makes several types, some I like some I don't, its just another supplement in the industry of health. Do you need it, meh that's up to each individual to decide.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

BendtheBar 04-09-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

My well water tastes horrible, we have a softner system but its just not to my liking.
Same. We have a water softener, but the water will still turn our shower curtains orange in 2 weeks and destroy our pots and pans.

rippednmichigan 04-09-2012 03:06 PM

Ours doesnt do that any more, it's actually pretty sweet. No filters or salt, one tank does the whole house and I never have to mess with it.

5kgLifter 04-09-2012 04:02 PM

I drink both and don't mind either; we used to live on an island with 98 inhabitants where the water was naturally filtered through peat and was a nasty dark brown colour even when you ran the bath or poured it into a clear glass; it didn't taste great and I would have happily resorted to bottled water had we been able to get hold of it.

It was really soft water though and cleared the limescale in the kettle and washing machine within days :)

fatcar 04-18-2012 06:07 PM

I use a Brita pitcher and it makes our water taste so good.

Ryano 04-18-2012 08:47 PM

Water...Oh....I thought this thread was about beer. My bad.