Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #11
Jen
Max Brawn
Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: Started 3/23/12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift :)
Fav Supp: Coffee
Jen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
i lift unless i physically cant...thats not to say im smart. i know i shouldnt, but...yeah. i am at least aware of plenty of things wrong with my joints, etc.

you should have it checked out. stop being a baby.

I'd say blow me, but........ ?
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #12
Jen
Max Brawn

Jen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Is there anything that started the pain originally? Ever get hit sideways or anything like that? Reason I ask is that the inside of my left knee does the same thing. My 5 year old hit my knee and bent it inward awkwardly, but not horribly so. Anyway, after a couple weeks it was still hurting when I started to squat, but magically disappeared as I got into heavier weights.

Well, upon video evidence, my early squats are very deep, my later ones not so much. It really only hurts when I am actually sitting on my calves. But, I had it checked out anyway and it turns out I do have a slightly torn meniscus. It is not enough of a worry to actually schedule a surgery to repair it, but it is there. My doc says it can go either way and as long as it doesn't affect my mobility or get any worse, you can live with it. If it gets worse or actually affects mobility, then get it taken care of.

Just a thought. I'd get the MRI and see what is actually going on. Then make some decisions.

Thanks for the advice! Makes sense
Old 04-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #13
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Its has nothing to do about being a baby, and everything to do with reacting-smartly. Learn what you can in what you are dealing with, and then this will enable the personal tools to allow you to implement a course of action that is best from the available options and choices. The contents of the skull when implemented in the correct context, knows better than the body in most cases.

You will rock this out, and make the best choice, young lady, there is no doubt.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #14
Jen
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
Its has nothing to do about being a baby, and everything to do with reacting-smartly. Learn what you can in what you are dealing with, and then this will enable the personal tools to allow you to implement a course of action that is best from the available options and choices. The contents of the skull when implemented in the correct context, knows better than the body in most cases.

You will rock this out, and make the best choice, young lady, there is no doubt.

Oh no! It's ok -- he was just being a smarty I didn't get offended at all -- I was just giving him back a little -- heehee. I can take it -- and give it back

Thank you though -- I'm leaning toward a tendon or something because today it's a bit stiff, but otherwise fine. I think I will use a wrap or something tomorrow and see how she feels on Tuesday.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #15
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Quote:
Bawhahaha!

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #16
Chillen
Max Brawn

Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Oh no! It's ok -- he was just being a smarty I didn't get offended at all -- I was just giving him back a little -- heehee. I can take it -- and give it back

Thank you though -- I'm leaning toward a tendon or something because today it's a bit stiff, but otherwise fine. I think I will use a wrap or something tomorrow and see how she feels on Tuesday.
Its all good? I know he was. But....

Ya, know, I am all about lifting the spirits up on people. You have an injury, and what you do from here, determines your outcome.....so grab this:

First, when there's nothing but a slow glowing dream......

And, your passion swells deep inside your mind.....

Let is scream silent tears full of pride.......

The world may be made of steel and stone

Close your eyes, hear your internal music, feel the rhythm

Let it wrap around, take a hold of your heart..........

Never let it go........

And the pieces will finally fit.

They can never take this sort of passion from you no matter how hard they try: Its imbedded in the heart like a branding iron. They cannot see it, but you can feel it, hear it, and see it through your own eyes as your passion cries and your heart increases in size.

You are the prize and your passion cries.

You see Jen: Practically anything is possible with the correct passion toward your goal, a little imagination, and supported through education within diet and fitness.

Put this in your heart, and let it buzz in your heart like a horse fly. Feel the flutter of the wings and let it lift you up and never let it out. It has many eyes, and hand delivers a gift: You realize the prize is inside.

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 04-08-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #17
Chillen
Max Brawn

Good morning, Jen. Think of you and your knee. And have a thought for you:

Nothing is impossible if you look at the broken pieces correctly. If you look at the broken pieces as failure you already have. If you look at those broken pieces as an opportunity to create something from a puzzle, you have already won. This can be applied to life, applied between friends, and to training and diet.----Chillen

Peace be with you as you walk and work within the day.

Chillen

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168: