Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Can fat people have good conditioning? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9506)

MVP 03-30-2012 07:06 PM

Can fat people have good conditioning?

Do you think a fat bastard can have good conditioning? Meaning muscular strength, muscular endurance and aerobic conditioning? This diet stuff is really getting on my nerves. It's more frustrating than helpful. I'm thinking maybe to just do cardio and get my conditioning levels up and stay strong and say who cares if I'm fat.

JacktheThriller 03-30-2012 09:22 PM

for sure but think of your conditioning 20 pounds lighter

Kuytrider 03-31-2012 02:41 AM

Perhaps your current diet is not realistic? It is often said that the best diet is one you can stick to for life. Losing even 0.5 pounds a week adds up to a very decent 13 pounds in 6 months.

5kgLifter 03-31-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVP (Post 228785)
Do you think a fat bastard can have good conditioning? Meaning muscular strength, muscular endurance and aerobic conditioning? This diet stuff is really getting on my nerves. It's more frustrating than helpful. I'm thinking maybe to just do cardio and get my conditioning levels up and stay strong and say who cares if I'm fat.

Theoretically, if you do cardio and get your conditioning levels up you shouldn't stay fat but should lean out due to the calorie burn. Even so though, there has to be some form of control where calorie intake is concerned.

Why not try BB complexes or KB swings, both will work on all aspects at the same time, probably to a lesser degree where muscular strength is concerned but you'll certainly end up with a strong base to progress from in any other direction you choose; give it 3 months.

bruteforce 03-31-2012 09:37 AM

Yes, fat people can have good conditioning. However, having a lot of excess body fat can also increase your chances to develop insulin resistance, diabetes, and all the complications that go along with it. Whats the most difficult part of the diet? If we can get that worked out, you might be able to stay on it better. The first few weeks of the lifestyle change are the worst, after that, it gets better.

MVP 03-31-2012 09:49 AM

The most difficult part of the diet, flat out, is always being hungry and having to be at the grocery store almost every 3-4 days. I still feel kind of bloated after eating, I still feel hungry regardless of how much I eat due to the lack of carbs, and I can't keep drinking coke zero...it tastes disgusting...and I can't even attempt to drink water.

I wonder if just by incorporating cardio I could lose 20lbs? Just with the metabolism increase and increase in general activity.

5kgLifter 03-31-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVP (Post 228894)
The most difficult part of the diet, flat out, is always being hungry and having to be at the grocery store almost every 3-4 days. I still feel kind of bloated after eating, I still feel hungry regardless of how much I eat due to the lack of carbs, and I can't keep drinking coke zero...it tastes disgusting...and I can't even attempt to drink water.

I wonder if just by incorporating cardio I could lose 20lbs? Just with the metabolism increase and increase in general activity.

Very easily :rockon:

MVP 03-31-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 228897)
Very easily :rockon:

Awesome. What would you personally recommend? Keep in mind I haven't done cardio since the Army, which was two years ago. I've put on 47lbs since then and been on a fast food diet. Would you say take it slow at first, then do HIIT?

5kgLifter 03-31-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVP (Post 228901)
Awesome. What would you personally recommend? Keep in mind I haven't done cardio since the Army, which was two years ago. I've put on 47lbs since then and been on a fast food diet. Would you say take it slow at first, then do HIIT?

Personally, I prefer VIT (not sure if that's a term that's used but it suffices); Variable Intensity Training...basically you warm-up, work at LIT then hit a random section at MIT (Mid-intensity), then back-off a little but only enough to recoup, then hit a HIT section then back-off to MIT or LIt and up and down as you go throughout the duration you've set yourself.

It's never boring because two sessions are never the same because they just can't be; but, the one thing you have to be is honest with yourself, because whilst you're recovering from an all-out HIT section you can't slack off and just breeze the remainder but have to kick your butt back into a higher gear again...so you have to dig deep, mentally as well.

I enjoy it! Much as it is pure hell at times.

TitanCT 03-31-2012 10:05 AM

is this post real life? wtf?