Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
MVP
Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Training Exp: +8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Syntha 6
MVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributor
Default Can fat people have good conditioning?

Do you think a fat bastard can have good conditioning? Meaning muscular strength, muscular endurance and aerobic conditioning? This diet stuff is really getting on my nerves. It's more frustrating than helpful. I'm thinking maybe to just do cardio and get my conditioning levels up and stay strong and say who cares if I'm fat.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13"
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
JacktheThriller
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,833, Level: 25 Points: 1,833, Level: 25 Points: 1,833, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 5 years consistent
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Fish Oil
JacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributorJacktheThriller is a dedicated contributor

for sure but think of your conditioning 20 pounds lighter
JacktheThriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:41 AM   #3
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Perhaps your current diet is not realistic? It is often said that the best diet is one you can stick to for life. Losing even 0.5 pounds a week adds up to a very decent 13 pounds in 6 months.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP View Post
Do you think a fat bastard can have good conditioning? Meaning muscular strength, muscular endurance and aerobic conditioning? This diet stuff is really getting on my nerves. It's more frustrating than helpful. I'm thinking maybe to just do cardio and get my conditioning levels up and stay strong and say who cares if I'm fat.
Theoretically, if you do cardio and get your conditioning levels up you shouldn't stay fat but should lean out due to the calorie burn. Even so though, there has to be some form of control where calorie intake is concerned.

Why not try BB complexes or KB swings, both will work on all aspects at the same time, probably to a lesser degree where muscular strength is concerned but you'll certainly end up with a strong base to progress from in any other direction you choose; give it 3 months.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:37 AM   #5
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Yes, fat people can have good conditioning. However, having a lot of excess body fat can also increase your chances to develop insulin resistance, diabetes, and all the complications that go along with it. Whats the most difficult part of the diet? If we can get that worked out, you might be able to stay on it better. The first few weeks of the lifestyle change are the worst, after that, it gets better.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
MVP
Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn

MVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributor

The most difficult part of the diet, flat out, is always being hungry and having to be at the grocery store almost every 3-4 days. I still feel kind of bloated after eating, I still feel hungry regardless of how much I eat due to the lack of carbs, and I can't keep drinking coke zero...it tastes disgusting...and I can't even attempt to drink water.

I wonder if just by incorporating cardio I could lose 20lbs? Just with the metabolism increase and increase in general activity.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13"
Old 03-31-2012, 09:51 AM   #7
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
The most difficult part of the diet, flat out, is always being hungry and having to be at the grocery store almost every 3-4 days. I still feel kind of bloated after eating, I still feel hungry regardless of how much I eat due to the lack of carbs, and I can't keep drinking coke zero...it tastes disgusting...and I can't even attempt to drink water.

I wonder if just by incorporating cardio I could lose 20lbs? Just with the metabolism increase and increase in general activity.
Very easily
Old 03-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
MVP
Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Very easily
Awesome. What would you personally recommend? Keep in mind I haven't done cardio since the Army, which was two years ago. I've put on 47lbs since then and been on a fast food diet. Would you say take it slow at first, then do HIIT?

Old 03-31-2012, 10:04 AM   #9
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Awesome. What would you personally recommend? Keep in mind I haven't done cardio since the Army, which was two years ago. I've put on 47lbs since then and been on a fast food diet. Would you say take it slow at first, then do HIIT?
Personally, I prefer VIT (not sure if that's a term that's used but it suffices); Variable Intensity Training...basically you warm-up, work at LIT then hit a random section at MIT (Mid-intensity), then back-off a little but only enough to recoup, then hit a HIT section then back-off to MIT or LIt and up and down as you go throughout the duration you've set yourself.

It's never boring because two sessions are never the same because they just can't be; but, the one thing you have to be is honest with yourself, because whilst you're recovering from an all-out HIT section you can't slack off and just breeze the remainder but have to kick your butt back into a higher gear again...so you have to dig deep, mentally as well.

I enjoy it! Much as it is pure hell at times.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #10
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

is this post real life? wtf?

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Learn.Apply.Grow

www.advancedmusclescience.com

ForeRunnerLabs
www.forerunnerlabs.com/

The Lab
www.advancedmusclesciencelab.com//

"Abs on a skinny guy are like big boobs on a fat chick - they don't count." -Shelby Starnes
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote