Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
gaster
Brawn
Points: 574, Level: 11 Points: 574, Level: 11 Points: 574, Level: 11
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

gaster has made some good postsgaster has made some good postsgaster has made some good postsgaster has made some good postsgaster has made some good postsgaster has made some good postsgaster has made some good postsgaster has made some good posts
Default fatigue

Lately I have just been so fatigued. I sleep for about 7 to 8 hours a night, but just have trouble getting out of bed lately and yawn all day long. I could take a nap right now if I had the time. What, besides exercise, does anyone use to combat fatigue?
gaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
angie828
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,936, Level: 26 Points: 1,936, Level: 26 Points: 1,936, Level: 26

angie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributorangie828 is a consistent contributor

Get 8 hours of sleep, try some relaxation exercises, avoid stress. Make sure that I have good nutrition.
angie828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
wannabesquatter
New Brawn
Points: 174, Level: 3 Points: 174, Level: 3 Points: 174, Level: 3
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

wannabesquatter is off to a good startwannabesquatter is off to a good startwannabesquatter is off to a good start

Maybe you need a different bed. Or you may not be getting enough sleep. Is this happening to you a lot? I used to never sleep good until I bought a new bed.
wannabesquatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Coffee.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
MVP
Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Training Exp: +9 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: ANIMAL PAK
MVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributor

Are you getting 8 consecutive hours of sleep or interrupted sleep?

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13"
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:09 AM   #6
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Some good advice so far in this thread.
I'm with brute, caffeine is your friend.
Also for me taking naps and getting extra rest on the weekends really seem to help recharge my batteries.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #7
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaster View Post
Lately I have just been so fatigued. I sleep for about 7 to 8 hours a night, but just have trouble getting out of bed lately and yawn all day long. I could take a nap right now if I had the time. What, besides exercise, does anyone use to combat fatigue?
Generally when one walks into a doctors office (for example), the patient gives the doctor a list of symptoms he or she is having. Following this, is a list of educated questions to isolate the potential problem. Ya dig?

This (as most things) begins with and points to basic mechanics of health, diet, and fitness. Fatigue can be caused by a variety of factors. Common sense says, unless there is evidence to the contrary, we begin with the most easiest variables in ones life that can potentially cause fatigue before moving on to other more serious causes.

Some questions:

1. What has your diet been like lately in terms of amount of calories and macros?

2. If you work, what do you do? Does work cause issues with variable shift hours? How much stress here?

3. Do you take in a large amount of caffeine per day? Caffeine is a duel edge sword with some persons--which I can explain later.

4. Do you exercise? If you do how many times per week? What is the setup? Days of rest in between, and volume?

5. Can you pinpoint the time when fatigue was first settling in and when you felt fine? What are the differences between the two?

Best regards,

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 04-05-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #8
mratter
New Brawn
Points: 126, Level: 2 Points: 126, Level: 2 Points: 126, Level: 2

mratter is off to a bad start

I had a sleep apnea test because at one point I was fatigued. I was told I would get a sleeping pill but never did. So needless to say I was out the $600 because I could not sleep well so the test did not measure anything. I was told to come back and if my doc gave me the pill I could use it. I will not spend the $600 again. If your doc says you may have sleep apnea and wants you to test for it, make sure you get a sleeping pill.
mratter is offline   Reply With Quote