Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   fatigue (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9436)

gaster 03-23-2012 01:32 PM

fatigue

Lately I have just been so fatigued. I sleep for about 7 to 8 hours a night, but just have trouble getting out of bed lately and yawn all day long. I could take a nap right now if I had the time. What, besides exercise, does anyone use to combat fatigue?

angie828 03-23-2012 06:06 PM

Get 8 hours of sleep, try some relaxation exercises, avoid stress. Make sure that I have good nutrition.

wannabesquatter 04-04-2012 07:00 PM

Maybe you need a different bed. Or you may not be getting enough sleep. Is this happening to you a lot? I used to never sleep good until I bought a new bed.

bruteforce 04-04-2012 08:27 PM

Coffee.

MVP 04-04-2012 10:34 PM

Are you getting 8 consecutive hours of sleep or interrupted sleep?

BigJosh 04-05-2012 12:09 AM

Some good advice so far in this thread.
I'm with brute, caffeine is your friend.
Also for me taking naps and getting extra rest on the weekends really seem to help recharge my batteries.

Chillen 04-05-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaster (Post 226820)
Lately I have just been so fatigued. I sleep for about 7 to 8 hours a night, but just have trouble getting out of bed lately and yawn all day long. I could take a nap right now if I had the time. What, besides exercise, does anyone use to combat fatigue?

Generally when one walks into a doctors office (for example), the patient gives the doctor a list of symptoms he or she is having. Following this, is a list of educated questions to isolate the potential problem. Ya dig? :)

This (as most things) begins with and points to basic mechanics of health, diet, and fitness. Fatigue can be caused by a variety of factors. Common sense says, unless there is evidence to the contrary, we begin with the most easiest variables in ones life that can potentially cause fatigue before moving on to other more serious causes.

Some questions:

1. What has your diet been like lately in terms of amount of calories and macros?

2. If you work, what do you do? Does work cause issues with variable shift hours? How much stress here?

3. Do you take in a large amount of caffeine per day? Caffeine is a duel edge sword with some persons--which I can explain later.

4. Do you exercise? If you do how many times per week? What is the setup? Days of rest in between, and volume?

5. Can you pinpoint the time when fatigue was first settling in and when you felt fine? What are the differences between the two?

Best regards,

Chillen

mratter 04-05-2012 11:56 AM

I had a sleep apnea test because at one point I was fatigued. I was told I would get a sleeping pill but never did. So needless to say I was out the $600 because I could not sleep well so the test did not measure anything. I was told to come back and if my doc gave me the pill I could use it. I will not spend the $600 again. If your doc says you may have sleep apnea and wants you to test for it, make sure you get a sleeping pill.