Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
jdrhort
"The Rookie"
New Brawn
Points: 205, Level: 4 Points: 205, Level: 4 Points: 205, Level: 4
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: all!!
Fav Supp: jack3d
jdrhort has made some good postsjdrhort has made some good postsjdrhort has made some good postsjdrhort has made some good postsjdrhort has made some good postsjdrhort has made some good postsjdrhort has made some good postsjdrhort has made some good posts
Default 2 yr anniversary

A birthday gift my wife gave to me was a gym membership. I started March 1, 2010 and haven't looked back!! The first time I walked into the gym, I was definitely apprehensive and nervous, not to mention out of shape and well...umm...fat!! My goal is to live longer to spend time with family and friends. I've been happily married for nearly 13 yrs and have three awesome boys. They are the main reason I walk into the gym. Which leads me to another point of this post. I learned very quickly that working out is not all physical (I was very naive!!). If anything, it's mostly mental!! So, what is it that keeps you motivated? How do spend your time while there? I am so lucky to have that motivation and have a support system. Of course, there are days or even weeks that I don't want to go to the gym, so they are there to reinforce that motivation. I thank God for the family and friends in my life. Without them, where would I be? Finally, I am not vain, but I think it is awesome to see the physical attributes of working out. Although this is a byproduct of why I'm working out, I'll take it!! Well anyway, we all have our own stories and own lives. This is just one of those stories. Oh, before i forget, if I can do this, you can, too!!
jdrhort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links