Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fitness & Health (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2 yr anniversary (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9213)

jdrhort 03-04-2012 07:29 PM

2 yr anniversary

A birthday gift my wife gave to me was a gym membership. I started March 1, 2010 and haven't looked back!! The first time I walked into the gym, I was definitely apprehensive and nervous, not to mention out of shape and well...umm...fat!! My goal is to live longer to spend time with family and friends. I've been happily married for nearly 13 yrs and have three awesome boys. They are the main reason I walk into the gym. Which leads me to another point of this post. I learned very quickly that working out is not all physical (I was very naive!!). If anything, it's mostly mental!! So, what is it that keeps you motivated? How do spend your time while there? I am so lucky to have that motivation and have a support system. Of course, there are days or even weeks that I don't want to go to the gym, so they are there to reinforce that motivation. I thank God for the family and friends in my life. Without them, where would I be? Finally, I am not vain, but I think it is awesome to see the physical attributes of working out. Although this is a byproduct of why I'm working out, I'll take it!! Well anyway, we all have our own stories and own lives. This is just one of those stories. Oh, before i forget, if I can do this, you can, too!!

BendtheBar 03-04-2012 08:21 PM

Great to have you own the forum. You motivation is infectious.

Quote:

So, what is it that keeps you motivated? How do spend your time while there?
My main motivation is staying, and feeling young as possible. Though I like lifting heavy, lifting to stay and feel young is really why I do it. I love having control over my strength and health.

Off Road 03-04-2012 09:16 PM

I agree with BtB. At first my motivation was to be big and strong, now I'm just fighting the aging process and trying to make life as fun and easy as possible. And welcome to the forum, we'll help to keep you EXTRA motivated :)

bamazav 03-04-2012 10:02 PM

I am motivated to be the best that I can be in every aspect of my life. Not easy, but gives me a lot to do.

Welcome to the board.

MikeC 03-05-2012 09:04 AM

I'm a little bit type guy. I want a little fit of health, little bit of fitness, little bit of strength, little bit of muscle and a little bit of who's that when I walk into a room. It's nice to have people ask you how do you stay in such great shape?

5kgLifter 03-05-2012 12:10 PM

I didn't get a barbell until around December 2010, up until which point I was using the small weights that I had available (hence my username :D); but the thing that keeps me motivated, even when life throws a few punches, is perfecting that lift just a little more each time I do it...no matter what the lift.

That may mean, an increase in weightload or a smoother looking and feeling lift or sometimes, if I'm really lucky, both. :rockon:

Jamesw 03-06-2012 12:29 PM

I too have 3 boys, wouldn't have it any other way.

I stay motivated because it gives me the strength needed to deal with my vision issues. If it wasn't for The Iron and Yoga I would not have persevered. Its also nice to have the women checking you out. LOL