Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
titus_teen
Brawn
Points: 739, Level: 14 Points: 739, Level: 14 Points: 739, Level: 14
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

titus_teen is off to a good starttitus_teen is off to a good starttitus_teen is off to a good start
Default My sister wants to know

My older sister saw me on this site and begged me to ask this question. What are some exercises that will get rid of cellulite. She says the ladies in our family all have it and want to get rid of it.
titus_teen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I have no clue, but my guess would be that diet is most important.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by titus_teen View Post
My older sister saw me on this site and begged me to ask this question. What are some exercises that will get rid of cellulite. She says the ladies in our family all have it and want to get rid of it.
Males and females have cellulite, commonly known as fat. Males, however, have thicker skin, quite literally, so the fat does not really show up as ripples below the skin...females, on the other hand, have thinner skin than males which means that fat beneath the skin shows up more.

So, dropping some bodyfat should go quite a way to helping. It should also be remembered that females have higher bodyfat levels than men as well, which combined with thinner skin shows up cellulite deposits even more.

Some women seem more predisposed to cellulite than others but whether people that exercise show signs of cellulite as much as those that don't, I couldn't say, though they don't appear to.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
females, on the other hand, have thinner skin than males which means that fat beneath the skin shows up more.
Did not know that. I have learned something new, it's a good day.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
lift3r
New Brawn
Points: 283, Level: 5 Points: 283, Level: 5 Points: 283, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

lift3r is off to a bad start

I do believe though that cellulite is very hard to get rid of . You can exercise all you want and you may still have it. I have seen even thin gals have it.
lift3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #6
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lift3r View Post
I do believe though that cellulite is very hard to get rid of . You can exercise all you want and you may still have it. I have seen even thin gals have it.
thin and lean are not the same thing.

the best exercise to decrease cellulite is changing your diet and learning to lift...and before its even asked, no you CANNOT TARGET fat loss on the problem areas, unless you go get lipo.

OP. why doesnt your sister make an account and ask us things for herself? we only bite if asked to.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #7
barnyalifts
New Brawn
Points: 92, Level: 1 Points: 92, Level: 1 Points: 92, Level: 1
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

barnyalifts is off to a bad start

I agree that you need to be exercising and lipo is most likely a good choice.
barnyalifts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #8
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnyalifts View Post
I agree that you need to be exercising and lipo is most likely a good choice.
Liposuction is not necessary and more often than not any fat removed via liposuction just returns over time anyway which makes it almost a pointless, not to mention needlessly invasive, procedure.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Cellulite is genetic. Leaning out does help a lot, but doesnt mean it will all go away, necessarily. even Jamie Eason has some cellulite. she has posted pics and circled the trouble spots. Lipo can work, but what cellulite really is is the uneven deposits of fat pushing against the skin. the dimples are created by, in laymans terms, connective cords that connect your skin to your body.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #10
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
Cellulite is genetic. Leaning out does help a lot, but doesnt mean it will all go away, necessarily. even Jamie Eason has some cellulite. she has posted pics and circled the trouble spots. Lipo can work, but what cellulite really is is the uneven deposits of fat pushing against the skin. the dimples are created by, in laymans terms, connective cords that connect your skin to your body.
Nice descrip

And just to add to it, because female's skin is thinner it is much more apparent on their form than on that of a male even if he had as much cellulite as she did.