|11-06-2011, 02:21 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ft. Hood, Tx
Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Much of what I know about sports psychology comes from my side interest in golf. At one point I actually wanted to become a golf pro, teaching the game. A huge part of being comfortable in pressure filled situations is having a routine, which has definitely transfered to my lifting routine. I use my pre-workout routine to get myself focussed and to know that I'm completely prepared to put all of my focus into my lifting.
I thought it might make for an interesting discussion to talk about not only what you guys do to prepare yourself before you get to the gym, but also how important (or not important) you think a set pre-workout routine is to success in the gym.
1. Make my pre-workout drink.
2. Make my intra-workout drink and place in the freezer to cool down.
1. Sip on pre-workout drink.
2. Go on youtube and watch motivational vids, either lifting stuff or music videos.
3. This is also where I finalize my plans for the gym. I try to have at least 2 movements chosen so I can mentally prepare specifically for them. This is also when I choose my focus for the day, wether that be short rest times and a faster pace, or slowing things down and focussing on lifting heavy.
1. Put on my shoes and any pieces of clothing I haven't put on yet. When I put on my shoes it's symbolic of pushing out everything else going on and putting my whole mind on the next hour.
2. Finish pre-workout drink.
At this point my mind is 100% focussed on the task at hand. I'm completely confident in the choices I've made about what movements and pacing I want to use for at least the first part of my session while still being open to where the session will take me.
When I'm finally able to block out everything else I immediately grab the intra drink from the freezer and my keys and go do what I have to do.
Current PRs at 242, raw w/ wraps- 525, 355, 605, 1485
Roboro tui, perimo vester adversarius
(Build yourself, destroy your enemy)
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|changing your workout routine to often ?||abett07||Muscle Building and Bodybuilding||20||02-20-2012 02:23 PM|
|Looking for a workout routine||tchronbon||Muscle Building and Bodybuilding||12||01-17-2012 11:22 AM|
|John Cena Workout Routine||Tug Gibson||Site Updates||0||06-06-2011 08:06 AM|
|Check my workout routine||Zipz||Muscle Building and Bodybuilding||15||11-27-2010 09:22 AM|
|Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Workout Routine||Iron Gladiator||General Board||1||07-25-2009 08:31 AM|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|