Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > General Fitness & Health
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

General Fitness & Health Discuss general fitness. conditioning and health topics.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor
Default my girlfriends energy

I really don't know what to do here guys and I need help.. my girl stays tired all the time.. since we got a (baby boy) she is twice as tire. Plus she goes to school. And still works 30 hours a week..and does my workouts with me. I don't know if she needs protein. Or a multi vitamin. Or what it is she needs. Help?
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2011, 04:34 PM   #2
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
I really don't know what to do here guys and I need help.. my girl stays tired all the time.. since we got a (baby boy) she is twice as tire. Plus she goes to school. And still works 30 hours a week..and does my workouts with me. I don't know if she needs protein. Or a multi vitamin. Or what it is she needs. Help?
With work, school, and a baby, sounds like she needs sleep. Anything else will only mask it temporarily. If she isn't taking a multi-vitamin, then it can't hurt to add one in.
bruteforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

If this helps she is 5'6 103 pounds.. she's very fit in my opinion. Has abdominals (4 showing)
Old 10-31-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

She may just need some solid sleep.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:36 PM   #5
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

Thanks for the quick replies guys..yes she needs sleep. I watch the baby as much as I can. When I'm home.. but I work 45 hours a week and school also.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

Which multi would ya'll reccomend
Old 10-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #7
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Thanks for the quick replies guys..yes she needs sleep. I watch the baby as much as I can. When I'm home.. but I work 45 hours a week and school also.
Her body may still be recovering from giving birth (depending on how long ago that was) and from what I gather it takes some time for some women to recover. Someone else may be able to add to that, maybe someone whose wife has had a child.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:46 PM   #8
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

Baby is 14 months so that isn't it..although she has been tired ever since. So maybe I'm wrong..5k you probably know more then me on this subject.. I just wanna do anything I can to help ... so whatever that is I will do it..if that may be buying a multi vitamin for her then I will .
Old 10-31-2011, 04:59 PM   #9
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

Opti women seems to be getting good reviews
Old 10-31-2011, 05:03 PM   #10
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Baby is 14 months so that isn't it..although she has been tired ever since. So maybe I'm wrong..5k you probably know more then me on this subject.. I just wanna do anything I can to help ... so whatever that is I will do it..if that may be buying a multi vitamin for her then I will .
Quote:
Opti women seems to be getting good reviews
I'd go with that; I haven't used it myself but it does get good reviews, as you say.

On the issue of tiredness, here's a small piece you may find of interest...in addition to the normal broken sleep cycles that occur after having a newborn:

Could there be other reasons for my fatigue?Maybe. There's an association between extreme fatigue and postpartum depression, though it's often not clear what's causing what. (Chronic sleep deprivation may contribute to your feeling depressed, and feeling depressed can make sleeping more difficult.)

In any case, if you find that you can't sleep, have lost interest in doing anything, and feel despairing, you could be suffering from postpartum depression. Call your healthcare practitioner for a referral to a therapist.

Anemia may also cause or add to your fatigue. If you were anemic during pregnancy or lost a lot of blood at delivery, your practitioner may advise to you to take iron supplements in addition to prenatal vitamins.

Postpartum fatigue can sometimes be a symptom of an underactive thyroid gland, also known as hypothyroidism. A small percentage of women develop this condition four to eight months after giving birth. Talk to your ob-gyn or midwife if your fatigue gets worse around this time. Hypothyroidism is treatable.

Source:
Postpartum fatigue: How to cope | BabyCenter

It may be a case of seeing a doctor to make sure there is no underlying condition; some women suffer depression and so forth after having a baby, without ever being diagnosed and then realise years too late what they were going through...so, a doctor's visit may not be a bad idea.